How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

(Solved) - Windows XP Professional SP3 can't install

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by nytshade15
  • Latest reply from nytshade15
  • Topic Viewed 2626 times

nytshade15

Hello PC Guru's and Geek's,

I have a prolem everytime I install Windows XP Professional SP3. The problem is I cant install it in my PC. Everytime I put the installer(cd) on my comnputers DVD Drive, I restart it then press F10 to boot it, then the installer will load the files. After all the files was loaded next to appear is the BlueScreen.
For now, I need your knowlegeable solutions to solved my problem. I know your the best and expert who can solved this. I really need the help of experts like you. Here I will indicate my computers specifications so you will have a better idea to know what my problem is and how to solved it.

My PC Spec.

Processor : Intel Core i3 2100 3.1G LGA1155

Motherboard : Intel BLKDH6ICRB3 1155/DDR3 1333/PCIE/6 CHL

Memory(RAM) : 2GB DDR3 PC10600/1333

Hard Disk : Western Digital 500GB 7200 SATA 3 HDD

DVD Drive : Internal/GH24 Super Multi DVD Rewriter 24x
Host Interface Serial ATA

My PC's current OS : Windows 7 Professional SP1

- If theres still some information that I didnt put above let me know so I can inform you :)

I hope you Geek's and Guru's can help me wih this problem so I can install Windows XP from my PC.
Please if you have time, bring me a Brief Step by Step Guide on how to solved this problem and install Windows XP on my PC if you have already a solutions.

Thank you very much for reading this :)

Your suggestions and help are really need of mine.

Thanks Again!!!

-Marvin C. Azucenas
(PC Begginer)

Posted 6 years ago

germ-x

Hi nytshade15,
Couple of questions:
How are preparing your computer hdd?
Have you installed WinXP SP3 on this computer before with this same disk?
When you get the blue screen what message does it display?

Posted 6 years ago

nytshade15

Thanks to you germ-x for replying for my problem, This is the first time that I installed the WinXP SP3, The Blue Screen says this
(Please Refer to Image) .

My Hard Drive SATA .
By The Way, I keep exploring my PC's BIOS and now I fix my problem. The only thing to do is if the hard drive is a type of SATA you must go first to BIOS and under Configuration change the SATA Drives to IDE, then you can install XP. I search in Net and found that Windows XP dont recognized SATA Hard Disks, must change it first to IDE in BIOS setting before it can install XP.

Thanks to germ-x for still replying to my post. Starting now, I will use this site to post my PC Problem, I Feel that this site is good for helping persons like me that Beginner in Computer related problems.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.