The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

(Solved) - WINDOWS ROOT>\SYSTEM32\NTOSKRNL.EXE IS CORRUPT OR MISSING

(8 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by iRlazygoat
  • Latest reply from iRlazygoat
  • Topic Viewed 11520 times

iRlazygoat

last night i let my computer install update when i pressed the shut down icon then after like 1min electricity went out... i went to sleep and tried to turn on the computer this morning but i get this "WINDOWS ROOT>\SYSTEM32\NTOSKRNL.EXE IS CORRUPT OR MISSING " how can i fix this?

i no longer have the CDs that came with it because i have moved here in the Philippines so i forgot those back in the US.

i have a Dell Vostro 200 mini tower windows XP home edition 32bit computer.

i would really appreciate your help so please help me :D

Posted 6 years ago

Xhi

Here is a good list of things to try, but it will require that you find an XP install disk for your version of XP.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000646.htm

Posted 6 years ago

iRlazygoat

hey Xhi thanks for the reply but is there a way i can make a windows xp usb boot drive?

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

Without original XP CD, you can't get into Recovery Console or Make a USB.

Rick P.

Posted 6 years ago

iRlazygoat

is there really no way? i still have my original product key sticker on my computer

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

We trust you.

Just don't know of any MS XP download image on the net.

MS put up Vista and Windows 7 ISOs on the net but not old XP because it will not support the O/S shortly.

Rick P.

Posted 6 years ago

iRlazygoat

k after like more than an hour digging through boxes i found this "dell Reinstallation CD microsoft windows xp home edition service pack 2"

i tried using that to follow the steps provided by Xhi but none of the commands work it keeps saying could not find command or something

Posted 6 years ago

iRlazygoat

k i used the dell re-installation cd to just install xp and format my comp but then when i chose install xp it brought me to 3 more choices and 1 of them was like
install windows xp w/o formatting files so i chose that and it worked great!! it installed xp again but left all my old files and programs intact.

thanks for the replies :D i'm new to this site but i love it already it has very good easy tutorials like how to make an ubuntu bootable usb drive which i need to recover my hp 2710p before reinstalling vista cuz of 0xc01a001d error due to the service pack auto windows update..
thnx again!

Accepted Answer · Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.