The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

windows firewall ics will not start error 2

(13 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by takeatoke
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 2683 times

takeatoke

I am working on a xp pc and it will not start windows firewall/ics therefor i can not connect online, i read many fourms and nothing worked, i scanned the hard drive with kaspersky and got rid of 7 trojins, is there any fix?

Posted 5 years ago

Xhi

The first thing I would do is run sfc /scannow. Go to Start -> Run -> Type in: sfc /scannow (with a space after sfc) then click ok. let it run. You may need your Windows XP install disk.

If that does not help then The web page "Error 2" when starting the Windows Firewall service seems to have a pretty good answer. If you do not understand the instructions on this page come back and ask. We'll be here.

Posted 5 years ago

takeatoke

i have done that, a few times it told me to insert a xp cd and i did then i click retry and the scan finished but did not fix.

Posted 5 years ago

takeatoke

i also tried the the other fix and it tells me something about destanation does not exists.( not word for word)

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix

Copy below.

netsh firewall set opmode mode=ENABLE profile=DOMAIN

Paste in a Command Prompt and tap Enter key.

What happens ??

Rick P.

Posted 5 years ago

takeatoke

right now i am putting in new hard drive, after i finish i will put the original hard drive in and try that command. thanks.

Posted 5 years ago

takeatoke

says service has not been started

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix

In SERVICES, is Fire Wall Service set to AUTOMATIC ????

Posted 5 years ago

scorpion99

It might be that your Antivirus is managing the Firewall issue....

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix

@scorpion99,

You could be correct !!

These third party AV program questions normally end with a Clean Install which I hope won't be the case here.

Rick P.

Posted 5 years ago

scorpion99

If as you say it is error 2 , that means that you have a system file that cannot be found , all you have to do is follow the instructions in the link below:
How to solve error 2 in ICS Firewall

Posted 5 years ago

takeatoke

the pc i have found out has even worse issues, tried to do clean install but now it says it cant find any hard drives and that the bios scis is not installed.

Posted 5 years ago

Xhi

Do you mean scsi?

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.