How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Windows 7 BSOD Startup Repair Loop

(28 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by MitchellStokes
  • Latest reply from MitchellStokes
  • Topic Viewed 14603 times

MitchellStokes

Hey guys,

So today I found out that I had something called a google redirecting spyware? And also the Microsoft Click-And-Run virus thing?

So i downloaded a couple programs (Malwaresomething) and another that some people said was fairly dangerous to use (But i cant quite remember the name).

Unfortunately, the 2nd (the dangerous one) I used, crashed my computer at 40% and when I rebooted the following happened:

Asus Logo

Windows Logo

Quick BSOD

(Back to...) Asus Logo

Windows did not start normally

Start windows repair (Recommended)
Start windows normally

Windows repair cant find anything
Start windows normally is a repeat of the above

Hitting F8 allows me to use safe mode and to enter into system repair mode with command prompts etc.

I have run chkdsk a couple times with no really big error except for 'failed to transfer logged messaged to the event log with status 50'

Can someone PLEASE help me?

ASUS Laptop
Windows 7
Intel Core i5

Regards, Mitch

Posted 5 years ago

Xhi

Go into advanced boot options by hitting F8 and choose "Disable automatic restart on system failure". Then continue to boot. You should now stop at the Blue Screen and be able to report what it says.

Posted 5 years ago

germ-x

MitchellStokes hi,
When in safe mode have you tried using your restore point to a time before this happened?

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

Thanks for the reply!

Blue screen says:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.

Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A98E8, 0XFFFFFFFFC000000D, 0X000000000..., 0X00000000....) {The last 2 are just zeros}

Mitch

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

I have tried restoring twice, and recieved errors both times. Shall I try again and post the error?

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

Tried restoring once again and recieved this error:

"System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.

Details:
An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x8000ffff)"

Posted 5 years ago

GuiltySpark

Hi MitchellStokes ,

You will have to use another computer to download and burn this : https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/38889/how-to-use-the-avira-rescue-cd-to-clean-your-infected-pc/

Once done insert into problem machine and select in POST screen/BIOS to "boot from CD/DVD" restart machine and let it run, if it asks to update then do so.

The 0x07B error code refers to an inaccessible Boot device a Virus could cause this so let's rule this out first.

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

Hey Guilty Spark,

The only problem is that this certain laptop doesn't have a cd/dvd drive. Is there a bootable USB version? And will it work with all USB's?

Posted 5 years ago

germ-x

take a look at this. For USB drive
http://www.megaleecher.net/taxonomy/term/4902

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

Ok, So i am 50% way through downloading the ISO disk image. Do I just put that onto the USB drive and then during startup F2 and alter the boot sequence to boot from the USB?

Posted 5 years ago

Xhi

Sounds right to me.

Posted 5 years ago

GuiltySpark

MitchellStokes ,

In case you didn't know here is page 2 of g-x link : http://www.megaleecher.net/Boo.....escue_Disk just follow those instructions and you should be fine.

*Please note you will need a empty USB/flash drive as it will ask to format which will erase any Data left on it.

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

Perfect. Making it now. Will let you all know how it goes soon

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

Ok so Everything went smoothly with creating the bootable disc. Then, set it as boot option. And it said 'Could not find kernal image: Linux'

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

Ignore above post. (Im a complete idiot)

Posted 5 years ago

Xhi

No one is Perfect (complete).

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

Ok, so performing a scan now. Found a trojan so far. What is the next step after this process is 'complete' :)

Posted 5 years ago

GuiltySpark

When it finishes it may give you instructions that you can restart your system if it does, when your system shutsdown momentarily you remove the USB and get ready to reset your BIOS boot order to HDD.

Posted 5 years ago

germ-x

thanks GS, on the pg2. I should have put two links.

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix

MitchellStokes

So i ran the scan, 22 threats were found and i chose the recommended answers (like remove/skip) but then there was no process. So i restarted, and nothing has changed. *Sigh* What have I done wrong?

Posted 5 years ago

GuiltySpark

Run the program again to make sure.

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

Ran again. It is finding some 'backup folders' as Trojans and it asks me if I want to delete or skip(recommended). So I skipped.

And then nothing happens. It finishes. There is nothing else. Any other ideas?

Posted 5 years ago

GuiltySpark

Can you now boot into Safe mode ?

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

Nope. Stalls at CLASSPNP.sys

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

Any ideas what I should do next? I should also mention that there is really nothing of value on this laptop so i can clear it all if i have to. I just want to be able to use it.

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

Ok guys. I did a lot of reading on other forums and i used Alt+F10 and then deleted the following line of text: '/NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /MININT' and then it boots. However, the only problem now is, that i have to do this everytime.

Any ideas?

Posted 5 years ago

MitchellStokes

All solved. Thanks again for your help

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.