When I run ipconfig I get the notification that my wireless LAN is disconnected, though physically it isn’t.
I have tried the forums here and elsewhere to figure out how to fix this problem. I can list what I have done. I can show what I see in ipconfig, Netstat, arp -a or whatever any of you might need to help get a handle on what the issue is. I know that I was doing my network security homework and we had to do an arp -a, arp -d, arp -s exercise and once I FINALLY completed it the house no longer had wifi. I assumed I had deleted the ip address for the router. I guess that's not it.
• reset the modem/router/computer
• computer management>Services and Applications>Services>Routing and Remote Access both disabled and restarted
• released and renewed ip
• updated firmware was a no need
• device manager says the network adapter DW1525 (802.11n) WLAN PCIe Card is in good working order all drivers are up to date
• the router works wired to two computers but no wifi
Being a noob when it comes to networking it was inevitable that I would screw something up and I have a VM for most of my homework, but this particular assignment needed me to elevate the command prompt and my VM refused to do that. (I don't have a tools choice in my VM)