The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - What is the piece that you plug your power cord into on a laptop called?

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by SharaLynn
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 2417 times

Posts: 16

I've replaced several parts on my laptop before, it's generally cheaper than sending it to a shop...
but the pin that my power cord plugs into is coming off, and I can only use it on a table or it shorts out and won't charge. I need to re-order that part. (And I'm positive that it's not the cord)
I just don't know what it's called or what to look for? Power receiver, power supply, IDK?! What's it called? Thanks!

Posted 6 years ago
Posts: 17584

I think it is called "Power Jack". Have a look on this page whether that#s what you are looking for.

Accepted Answer · Posted 6 years ago
Posts: 20002

What is the make, and exact model, of the laptop ?

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.