How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Touchpad problem- pointer moving but not clicking

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by italy8868
  • Latest reply from italy8868
  • Topic Viewed 10478 times

italy8868

Hello everyone!

My problem, as I wrote in the title, is that my touchpad seems to have a problem. It worked fine this morning, but I some point, I couldn't click on anything. I have a Toshiba Satellite with windows 7.
I can still move the mouse around with the touchpad, but I have to "manually click" on the buttons underneath the touchpad to left or right click on something. It's driving me crazy!! I am used to just click or double click on the touchpad itself and I can't figure out why it won't work all of a sudden. I tried turning my computer off and on again, but for once it won't work...
Any idea why this is happening?
Thank you!

Posted 5 years ago

AdrianK-IT

Have you checked via 'Mouse' in Control Panel, that the settings to enable this haven't got altered for some reason?

Posted 5 years ago

italy8868

Yes I did, and nothing is changed in the settings. I tried changing them myself to see if it would work again, but nothing does...

Posted 5 years ago

Effy1

Go to control panel and go to: Ease of Access section and click on the little window where it says: Turn on Mouse Keys. Assuming U R using a laptop just tap in the top of the mouse control box if there is a check mark in that little box. If it doesn't work right away try re-starting ur pc and see if the mouse keys are working. But before U do that go to: Mouse Setting and click it and a popup window will show. Click where it says: Settings and the rest is self explanatory.

Posted 5 years ago

G41M

italy8868, are you using Synaptic drivers? Maybe "Enable tapping" was inadvertently uncheck in your mouse settings. In your Mouse properties >'Device Settings > Settings >Tapping check "Enable tapping" then press ok..

Posted 5 years ago

italy8868

Thanks! The option "Tap to click" was enabled, but when I disabled it, restarted and re-enabled it, it worked again! God, I'm so happy right now ;)

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.