The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

top 20 software

(121 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by HASH
  • Latest reply from xenomex
  • Topic Viewed 11039 times

HASH

Creating a list of software, cool or useful, please add on, and change order as you wish. Add reccomended programs etc...

1. Adobe Photoshop CS3
2. Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
5.spyware blaster
10.CCleaner
13. Xfire
15. Ofice 07 Enterprise
18. Srs Sandbox
19. AVG Free Edition
20.Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0

Posted 9 years ago

mpc104

spyware blaster

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

Much better I think, would be to say, "What programs do you like/recommend"
It is impossible to mark 1 out of 20 for programs that are in different categories
All the programs I have on my computer rate as No1 for me, otherwise they wouldn't be there

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

true, just add them to the list, coz i mite wish to try the programs that you guys think useful.

Posted 9 years ago

whs

I agree with Lighthouse. There is no absolute list. It all depends what you are doing. We could probably get some agreement on the system tools like Process Explorer or WinPatrol. But already with security suites/programs there will be different opinions and when it comes to applications, things will be hopeless. Someone who can care less about photos will not need a photoshop and someone who does not deal in music will not need any music editing programs. So you would have to break it down into the different areas to make it meaningful.

Posted 9 years ago

Scott

How about top 5 free/sharewares? Something I'd always like to see people's lists of. With Hash's permission for hijacking the idea of his thread, of course.

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

Scott, I could not choose 5 from my collection, the others would get upset

Posted 9 years ago

whs

Those are the 6 most popular at Filehippo

Edit : Aha

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

@whs, I have 3 of those 6

Posted 9 years ago

Scott

Me too, I have 3. Still would like to see other's.

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

@Scott, lol u can hijack my thread of course,

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

avg and spybot are good free wares but not that great compared to other softwares like the systemantec corporate edition and macaffe firewall and i used to have 5 out of the 6 wares but now i just have 3 out of the 6 same as most

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

my list

1. firefox

2. tune-up utilities

3. systemantec corporate

4. photoshop cs2

5. winrar

6. itunes

7. winavi

8. utorrent

9. fl studio 6

10. fireworks cs3

11. super dvd copy

12. guitar pro 5

13. pinnacle studio 10

14. macafee firewall

15. logonstudio

16. vlc

17. vnc

18. dvd dycrypter

19. super dvd ripper

20. alcohol 120%

that is my list of favs

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

cool, heres my list:

1. Photoshop Cs3
2. Dreamweaver CS3
3. CoreTemp
4. Xfire
5. MSN Messenger Live 9.0 Beta
6. Itunes
7. Shareaza
8. CCleaner
9. Utorrent
10. Bluetooth Remote Control
11. CDBurnerXP
12. DvdShrink 3.2
13. Macromedia Flash 8
14. Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0
15. AVG Free Edition
16. SRS Sandbox
17. Logon Studio
18. Winavi
19. RivaTuner
20. Windows Hide Tool

By the way jack, wats vnc? And is the firewall and antivirus protection you use is free? Because Comodo Firewall is hassle and registration free, updates for free and keeps your pc internally and externally protected. www.filehippo.com if u wanna use it.

Posted 9 years ago

whs

@jack, If I am well informed, the free McAfee firewall is no more available. My experience with McAfee on 2 systems was kind of dismal anyhow. Replaced it with Kaspersky that I got free for 1 year. The professional ratings for McAfee are not very good either. They always end up in the bottom third - except for rootkit detection where they seem to be tops.

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

whs, just wondering, never noticed, but wat does whs stand for?

Posted 9 years ago

whs

HASH, It's just my initials.

Posted 9 years ago

pipo

@HASH
what's new with Dreamweaver CS3? i've been using MX 2004 up till now, is it worth the upgrade?

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

@whs oh, rite

@pipo
Dreamweaver CS3 is now made by Adobe, not Macromedia anymore. Plus the interface is much nicer, smooth and easier to understand. But MX2004 has all the current features as well, its just that CS3 looks better and displays the functions in an orderly fashion to make it easier for the user to manage with it. Theres basically no difference, but i like the new picture buttons and tags under the file, edit, view etc bar.

Its up to u to decide. anyway wats ur list of 20 top software??? :)

Posted 9 years ago

pipo

oh yeah, i've been off-topic, not exactly a top 20 list:
1. yahoo messenger
2. aim pro
3. macromedia dreamweaver mx 2004
4. macromedia flash mx 2004
5. photoshop cs
6. vlc (for movies)
7. windows media player
8. LogonStudio
9. Katmouse
10. pspad

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

pipo, wats Katmouse and pspad? mite be useful to me.

Posted 9 years ago

pipo

katmouse is a utility that enhances the scroll functionality for your mouse, it lets you scroll windows even if they're on the background, i also got it here in HTG (https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/scroll-the-window-under-the-mouse-in-windows-xp-vista/), the website is here http://ehiti.de/katmouse/

pspad is a text editor, i use it when i'm coding in COBOL (or when i'm already getting dizzy from trying to understand a long program in mainframe) coz it recognizes COBOL reserved words (i just can't compile it, i still need mainframe). it's also good for other languages (but i still prefer dreamweaver for HTMLing). ^_^

Posted 9 years ago

Roberto1

For browsing through photo collections I would not like to be without Piclens (for Firefox)

Posted 9 years ago

jonhill987

If anyone is after a Vista icon editor http://icofx.ro/ is free and seems to do everything you would want.

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

@hash um vnc is so i can get remote access to my other pcs and so i can help out friends fix their pc's. and my antivirus i got for free from my work. and firewall is not free but have it for free (not saying how it became aquired on here though)

-Jack7h3R1pp3r

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

jack7h3r1pp3r, have you tried Crossloop?

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

nope i'm just used to vnc since most linux distros use it

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

@jonhill987
brilliant JUST WAT I nEEDED! :) thanks so much

@jack and @pipo
thanks for taking your time to explain to me wat the programs are and what they do. I mite try vnc, is it free and where do i get it?

pipo, i really need to use katmouse since my usb mouse scroll is so crap.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Top 5 Browsers:
1.FireFOX (the one and only)
2. Internet Explorer (comes second, helps when needed most)
3. Netscape (for gaming sometimes like Kingdom Online)
4. Safari ( BY apple, UI looks smooth but there arent any great features or addons yet..)
5. AOL ( absolute crap no offense to any users, but my experiences with it, are not so great :| )

Write down ur top 5 browser tooo guyz :)

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

@hash yes vnc is free and it's http://www.realvnc.com

my browser list

1. firefox

2. opera

3. ie

haven't used any others

Posted 9 years ago

Scott

Another great freeware is AM Deadlink. Very useful for organizing and purging dead bookmarks from any browser for those with hundreds (thousands;) of links. I've been using it for years without a hitch. Just make sure you have a backup somewhere (as always).

http://www.aignes.com/deadlink.htm

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

ya don't really need it i don't really bookmark things but thx might need some day

Posted 9 years ago

windburst29

ok this is mine not really top 10 but i think its really good

1.Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC 3
2.Uniblue Registry Booster 2
3.Uniblue SpyEraser
4.BitDefender Total Security 2008
5.HijackThis by TrendMicro
6.FireFox

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

really like that uniblue stuff don't you

Posted 9 years ago

whs

Hey everybody, It's nice to see everybody post long lists of programs. What would be even more interesting is to know what you do with those and why you chose them - especially the less obvious ones (of course not Firefox or CCleaner or alike).

Posted 9 years ago

windburst29

yup that uniblue things really helped me clean my pc and it really works for me

Posted 9 years ago

Scott

Foxit as a slim replacement for Adobe Reader.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php (free version explained near the bottom)

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

@windburst29 thats cool i've just never really seen those ones before i use tune-up but thats not really a free ware

and taking whs's advise

i use fl studio so that i can make some sweet beats to listen to

photoshop to edit photos

fireworks is mainly so i can make cool moving pictures

guitar pro to help make and learn new songs

tune-up to help tweek and optimized my pc

any questions on any of my others just ask

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

@scott
cool, i heard of it before, i just downloaded and it is alot greater than Adobe Reader. I hate the auto downloading updates for Adobe Reader, its a pain in the neck and thats main reason i am switching to FoxIt. FoxIT is great but the UI doesnt look as great as of Adobe. Wonder if there are any skins for it? THeres way more features, which is helpful for me, as i use it to view my school textbooks. TY SCOTT,

@jack7h3r1pp3r
THe vnc software is free, but not for vista, WHY VISTA :( lol thanks anyway.

@pipo
thanks for KAtmouse, and thanks Geek, for posting an article on how to use it as it was pretty compplicated. And your article helped me use it.

Top 5 LIst oF DOwnloaders/Torrent/P2p software:

1.Utorrent (simple, low pc usage, nice interface, easy to use program to download large torrents, especially missed tv episodes of Terminator that i miss)

2.Shareaza (comes in handy for music, and way better than limewire my opinion! :) )

3. Google --> the feature : intitle:"index.of"(mp3|Wmv) (If you do know and want to know how it works ask me and i will post it here)

4.Edonkey (program to search for torrents and download, i dont use it often these days as i am capped)

5. Bitlord ( torrent program - rarely used by me)

Post ur 5 downloaders below :)

ps. trying to keep this post alive, and see how long it can get! :)

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

i just use utorrent since you can get any thing on torrents anyway so you don't really need any thing else

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

hi five :)

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

true utorent is a beauty, it also boosts ur download speed.

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

yep and then you only need one downloader for all your needs

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

yeah, i have only utorrent installed but i used the other downloaders in the past

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

Top five Firewalls used:

1. COMODO FIREWALL PRO 3.0 ( currently using, no virus attacks since installed!)
2. McAfee Security Suite 2007 ( payed, and used from the end of 2006 till last December, was preety gud, but i hated to continuous asks to upgrade and pay etc)
3. Norton Antivirus 2003 (first virus protection i ever had, came with my first computer, pentium 2 lol :))
4.Trend Micro PCcillin ( i saw no effect in this)
5. ZoneAlarm ( computer froze after installing so i removed it)

Write down ur top five used firewalls in the past!

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

ya i use the windows firewall on my main pc but for my other i use mcafee don't have to pay though

the only reason that i don't use on main is that it uses up a lot of mem space to run it

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

lol yeah. but windows firewall doesnt do much for a main computer

Posted 9 years ago

jd2066

@HASH: What do you mean by that? Windows Firewall always seemed good enough too me.

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

well its just a single firewall, of course i have it enabled for extra protection, but i also use comodo over it for more features like IP masking, blocking allowing certain programs, and more

Posted 9 years ago

mpc104

if you are running vista the firewall works in and out.

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

You should never run 2 Firewalls at the same time!

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

seems to be fine for me too to just use the windows firewall

Posted 9 years ago

mpc104

right, i was talking about the vista firewall that comes with all vista computers

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

i think it was jd who said that the windows one works just fine

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

Windows Firewall is fine. Hash is running 2 Firewalls, hence my post

Posted 9 years ago

whs

If you want an extra firewall, use a router (even if you hard wire to it). They have built in firewalls.
http://www.firewallguide.com/hardware.htm

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

i was saying that to mpc

Posted 9 years ago

mpc104

my bad, thought hash was talking about a one way firewall.

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

Lol, i use the vista firewall and also comodo firewall pro, whats wrong with that? I havent experienced any problems or speed problems and my computer is safe. But last night when i clean installed xp, i have decided use only the windows firewall and as antivirus the AVG free edition.

Posted 9 years ago

whs

HASH, you are lucky. Many Firewalls are in each others way and create undesirable effects. Try e.g. the Vista and Norton Internet Security Firewalls together. You would not be talking to us any more - but maybe you would be extra safe. If you are so concerned about malware, get Norton Ghost14.

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

whs, I use Spybot Search and Destroy for malware, adware, spyware protection.

Posted 9 years ago

whs

Well, Spybot really only watches your directory and will announce any changes there. You can also scan with it to find tracking cookies, etc. But that is no virus protection perse - not to speak of rootkits and any other vicious attackers. For that you need a Norton, Kaspersky, BitDefender, Avast Prof., Antivir Prof., etc.
Norton Ghost is a recovery system, not a protection system. But it gives you complete peace of mind.

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

Fine, you have once again convinced me whs, i will search for a recovery system by the names you have mentioned.

Posted 9 years ago

whs

Hash, it's not "names" (plural) it's just GHOST14 that is a 'recovery system'. The others I mentioned are security systems that actively protect you.

Posted 9 years ago

mysticgeek

One of my pet peeves is lists of software on the internet. BEST FREEWARE EVER!!! eh... come on.

but ... I would say VLC, alcohol 120%, Firefox, Foxit Reader, uTorrent, and Trillian are the staples I can think of off hand.

Posted 9 years ago

whs

Be careful with VLC. They discovered more security exposures with it that have not yet been fixed. It is mostly with streaming data like subtitles, etc.

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

VLC is great it also has a repair tool, but i my default is Cyberlink Powerdvd which came preinstalled with my laptop.

Posted 9 years ago

pipo

i think VLC is a good s/w too, although i still prefer windows media player over it for it's features and because the FN shortcut keys (Play/Pause, Stop, Next, Previous) on my laptop doesn't work on VLC. i use VLC when the codecs on media player can't play the media.

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

same, but i have K-Lite Pro codec pack installed, and i havent had any chance to use vlc, if media player did not support a codec :)

@pipo, wat laptop have you got?

ps. YAY 4 PAGES and 68 posts ! SO LONG

Posted 9 years ago

pipo

i have an Acer Aspire (Gemstone series) AS4520G, why'd u ask?

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

Just wondering, coz i thought you probably had a Dell, as they have the quick play buttons too, for me, i got a Benq S32w joybook, and i have to do Fn+1 -> 0 for quickplay, email access, doucments,etc.

Posted 9 years ago

pipo

i think most new laptop models now come with quick play buttons (so that's what they're called, lol).

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

yeah, the new dell series Inspiron have it nice Quick Play buttons on the front side of the laptop, with lights coming out, its pretty sick. I like the new XPS series too, my friend has one, 12.2" 1.8ghz, 2 gig ram, 80 gig.

Top music mp3 player / program/ software: top 5 list

1. Itunes (i use it to sync everything onto my ipod, i download podcasts including Vodcars, The Chasers War, and Happy Tree Friends, It basically has my whole music library)
2. Media Player 11 (i use it to play .avi, and movie files when itunes cant)
3. Cyberlink PowerDvd (watch movies)
4. VLC ( if none of the above works)
5. WinAMP (havent got installed but 2nd after Media pLayer i guess)

Write down ur top5 media players!

Posted 9 years ago

pipo

top music/media players:

1. Media Player 11 (for music and movies)
2. VLC (when all else fails for Media Player and where i play flv files)
3. DivX Player for Symbian Phones (it's an application for my nokia n71 phone where i can play .avi files, the divx installer has a converter for the .avi files to make the screen size smaller hence making the file 20%-30% smaller)

Posted 9 years ago

WizardSal

HACKED 100%

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

cool, top 5 not 3

Posted 9 years ago

pipo

well, aside from those, i don't think i use anything else. ^_^

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

@pipo, with VLC, you have some control with the keyboard (eg Space bar = pause, S = stop, F = fullscreen, alt+arrow = back/forward)

Posted 9 years ago

pipo

@Lighthouse
is that post for whs or for me?

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

Sorry about that pipo (I just woke up)
Heres the full list
http://www.keyxl.com/aaa448e/2.....rtcuts.htm

Posted 9 years ago

pipo

haha, thanks. ^_^
i just got home.

Posted 9 years ago

ThornyCrown

I can never go without thermal monitoring programs. I have o/c my system a bit and always like to keep a close eye on temps. Does anyone know of a good monitoring program that has a small footprint?

Thorn

Posted 9 years ago

whs

Use this http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ -- minimize the window and you will see it in the system tray. You can change the colors of the nums displayed. White, yellow, green are easier to read than the standard red.

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

There is one called "Yeti", but I think it's only for computers that run too cold :)

Posted 9 years ago

ThornyCrown

CoreTemp appears to be only for Core 2 Duo based processors.
I am running a trusty Pentium D.
But thankou anyway, I got all excited because it was Vista 64bit compliant. But then it told me to piss off because "It is not a "Core" based processor.

Thorn

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

you can never run too cold unless you live in antarctica

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

Yeah, closer to superconductivity (what's the date)?

Posted 9 years ago

whs

@ThornyCrown, I am not sure about Core Temp amd your Pentium. Try it. You can also try this one: http://www.stvsoft.com/

Posted 9 years ago

ThornyCrown

I tried to install CoreTemp, but it would not install.
However, sensorview is working but it only picks up my HDD temps and it is displaying the wrong CPU clock speed.

Thorn

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

@ThornyCrown
Cool, and i thought i was the only one fustrated and worried about temps in my comp.

OK if your looking for a program that covers almost everything you must get:
SpeedFan
This program not only shows the temperature of your cpu, or if you have two cpu, it can show temperature of parts in your motherboard, harddrive and more. You can also see the fan speeds and even adjust them or overclock. Speedfan also has the capability to find voltages and you can play around with that too, but it is very not reccomennded. I LOVE this program and i use it in my desktop xp, and Speedfan has detected, almost everything, you can minimize it to the traybar and have it start from startup. If you wanna know how to ask me.

Next if Speedfan doesnt detect anything other than your cpus, (may be result to a motherboard doesnt like to be detected, or maybe an unsupported hardware.)
If thats the case, i use CoreTemp, i use it on my laptop, as SpeedFan can only detect the two cpus, so why install Speedfan, but have a much smaller utility CoreTemp.

So have fun deciding

Posted 9 years ago

pipo

@Lighthouse
is that true? "Yeti" to check if your PC is running cold? or was that a joke? ^_^

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

Hi pipo, well it was 1st April, so yes, joke

Posted 9 years ago

pipo

didn't know if i was gonna believe it or not, i think the quotes gave it away, lol. ^_^

Posted 9 years ago

snugglez64

hi guys, does any one have a link where i can download the ie tab for firefox? im using version 2.0.0.13 and i cant seem 2 find it.. also, is there away that i can back up my firefox add on an install it on other machine? sorry for hijackin the thread...

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

Here. The 2nd one down 1.3.3
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/versions/1419

You could try MozBackup to copy extensions across
(or for your info)
On my machine the IE Tab extension is at,
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9o2w52aj.default\extensions\{77b819fa-95ad-4f2c-ac7c-486b356188a9}

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

Is it necessary to have AVG Free Edition (Antivirus) and Spybot Search and Destroy at the same time?

Posted 9 years ago

whs

AVG and Spybot serve 2 different purposes. AVG is to keep malware out of your system. Spybot watches your directory and is useful for scanning. It finds certain things, but not all. It cannot keep malware out of your system - just limit the damages or throw certain things out (e.g. tracking cookies). You can run both together. I have both (not AVG but similar).

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

Ok thanks, and which one is better? Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0 or PeerGuardian (i read that tracks IP etc)
or can i run both programs together?

Posted 9 years ago

whs

No idea, I use the Vista Firewall which is supposed to be pretty good. I would not recommend 2 firewalls at the same time. 90% sure that this spells trouble.

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

ok thanks, Peerguardian is supposed to protect your IP address.

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

What are your opinions on pdf readers? I currently use Foxxit Reader, and i have Adobe installed, but what do you guyz prefer?

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

Ok, this is driving me crazy, IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN TOTALLY REMOVE WINDOWS DEFENDER FROM YOUR VISTA PC? it is so annyoing asking me to turn it on, and when i do it doesnt.

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

you may have to go into the registry and delete some entries

i had to do this once and it was kind of a pain but it worked

Posted 9 years ago

jd2066

You cannot remove Windows Defender from Windows Vista.
You turn off the alerts asking to turn it on though. How:
1. Go to Control Panel\Security -> Security Center.
2. Under Spyware click "Show me my available options".
3. Click the button "I'll monitor myself".

You should make sure you have other spyware monitoring software installed for protection first though.

Posted 9 years ago

whs

HASH; as jd says it is not recommended to remove it until you are otherwise well padded for security protection. But if you absolutely want to get rid of it, you can try vLite. This you have to do before the Vista installation. You can remove a lot of other stuff with vLite too. It's the tool for the minimalists.

Posted 9 years ago

pipo

@HASH
what do you mean by "when i do it doesnt," you turn it on but it doesn't work or you turn it on but it can't be turned on?

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

@HASH. Have you disabled it in "services"?

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

thanks for all your replies guyz, i have been away from howtogeek for the past couple of weeks. I have done everything, but a security warning keeps popping up in my traybar eevery time i log in.

is there a way to completely uninstall the program?

ps. i have noticed that there is a new forum entitled 'off topic'. U guyz made that riite after i had gone :(

lol

Posted 9 years ago

Lighthouse

Hi Hash. Have you changed the alert options in Security Center?
& dive in on the "Off Topic"'s

Posted 9 years ago

Antman

In no particular order this is my top 20:

Firefox
Photoshop CS3
Dreamweaver CS3
After Effects CS3
Premiere Pro CS3
FileZilla
CCleaner
DVD Decrypter
iTunes
Cubase SX3
Kaspersky Internet Security 7
MagicISO/MagicDisc
Microsoft Office 2007
Nero 7
Rocketdock (inc Stacks docklet)
Ultramon
Windows Live Messenger
WinRAR
Pando

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

@antman you seem to have a nice collection of adobe apps (and cs3 wow) what do you do that you have those for

i am wundering since i also have all of those?

Posted 9 years ago

Antman

I'm a multimedia student and most of that Adobe stuff is essential.

Oh, and I forgot to mention 3ds Max 2009 on my list.

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

i am in the same field of work and i use all of those tools too. but i just got the master collection cs3 it's sweet has every thing you could ever want but very spendy ;)

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

cool antman, i do multimedia at school too! i have all the CS3 Adobe software and i reckon its a cool pack!

Nice software!

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

cs3 has to be the best soft ware that money can buy

Posted 9 years ago

HASH

Yeah! Wonder When CS4 Comes out, But i dont see any feature differences, its only the UI that has been changed.

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

and photo shop cs4 is going to only for 64 bit and supposedly might be released this year but not really sure.

Posted 9 years ago

xenomex

@Jack,
it isn't only, for 64 bit, it says it will Include the support, heres where i got the info:
http://www.macrumors.com/2008/.....t-for-mac/

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

but when i looked for it before i said that they were only going to release for 64 bit but i guess that one says differently

Posted 9 years ago

xenomex

@Jack,
why are we rushing news..we might as well wait for it to come!

Posted 9 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

hash brought it up not me!

Posted 9 years ago

xenomex

Fair enough then..........

Posted 9 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.