The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Synaptics touchpad suddenly stopped working!!!

(12 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Annika520
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 1746 times

Annika520

I was driving in a bus and surfing in internet, and when i got home and turned on my laptop, my touchpad wasn't working anymore. Even the pointing button in the middle of keyboard isn't functioning. Therefore i tried to update the drivers and so on, but it seems that my laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook S 7020) doesn't recognize the touchpad at all.
I have no idea where and what should i check or do now. In control panel mouse features, device settings, no touchpad is shown. Also the tray icon things and settings are gray. What should i do? I attatched the screenshot of my device settings also.
I quite miss my synaptics touchpad and would be pretty thankful, when someone here should give some advice :).

Posted 6 years ago

LH

Annika520 hi. Go to the laptop manufacturers support site, download the Touchpad driver, and re-install it.

Posted 6 years ago

Annika520

I did this already, no changes... :/

Posted 6 years ago

Drizzle

Hi Both just saw this
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread25588.html
Fn +F7
Maybe worth a try
Edit .....to enable it.....

Posted 6 years ago

LH

If that doesn't work, close down laptop, unplug everything, take the battery out. Now go and do something else for half an hour.
.....Plug in the power cord, and boot up. Does it work now ?

Posted 6 years ago

Annika520

On my laptop, the changes with mouse and so , should be done by command "Fn"+F4, but it does nothing also...

Posted 6 years ago

Annika520

Actually it has been like this for a week already. I took out the battery and so.
Before i was using Linux Ubuntu and i tought that maybe it was the problem of OP-system, but now yesturday i got an my XP back and still no changes... so, i started to work with this problem again, installing and uninstalling the touchpad drivers but still the same.

Posted 6 years ago

LH

Sounds like it could be hardware problem then.
Is the laptop out of warranty ?

Posted 6 years ago

Annika520

yes, it is out of warranty.
The thing i understand the less is, how it could go like this suddenly :S.
I am trying to install different drivers now, because nothing helps :S.

Posted 6 years ago

LH

Can you go back to a Restore Point, from before it occurred ?

Posted 6 years ago

Annika520

I'm afraid i can't because of the change of the OP-system from linux to xp

Posted 6 years ago

LH

I think you will have to open the machine up, to make sure the touchpad is connected properly.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.