The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

start new

(23 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by ANTONIOS
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 562 times

ANTONIOS

is there any way i can wipe my computer clean of everything ,like music,pictures,anything i ever downloaded

Posted 5 years ago

warlock

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15817/wipe-delete-and-securely-destroy-your-hard-drives-data-the-easy-way/ See this. You will need to install the operating system again to use, this wipes everything like you asked.

Posted 5 years ago

Veegertx

ANTONIOS
If you have an OEM(hp, dell +) then you could use their factory recovery utility where it restores it to day you bought it. usually starts up with a key while going through bios. we would need model number to help if you don't know how

Posted 5 years ago

ANTONIOS

ok so were would i find my model number

Posted 5 years ago

Santo

You should be able to find the computer model number and its make on the computer tower.

Posted 5 years ago

Drizzle

OR
Start > All Programs> Accessories > System Tools> System Information.

will give you all info about your comp....

also you could at start up...tap F2 or F10 ( maybe one of the other keys)
And you should get dialogue asking what you want to do.i.e repair or re install etc.

Posted 5 years ago

ANTONIOS

ok i dont see model number so what m i lookn for

Posted 5 years ago

ANTONIOS

ok i dont see model number so what m i lookn for

Posted 5 years ago

Hermitt

Example:
Make - Model - Number
--------------------------------
Dell Dimension E521

Jim

Posted 5 years ago

ANTONIOS

i dont get it hermit like idk what iam lookn for at all

Posted 5 years ago

Hermitt

Your computer has a name doesn't it?
Just tell us the full Name you see on the computer case.

Jim

Posted 5 years ago

ANTONIOS

nvm cause i dont understand like i was giving this i dont even have the computer case iam just tryn wipe the computer clean if u cant help do y iam online then idk what else to do

Posted 5 years ago

Xhi

If you can follow the instructions in the link Warlock provided, Wipe, Delete, and Securely Destroy Your Hard Drive’s Data the Easy Way you should be able to accomplish what you want. If you have any specific questions about that procedure please ask.

Posted 5 years ago

ANTONIOS

i cant download the program iam using wireless internet

Posted 5 years ago

Xhi

What does wireless internet have to do with downloading. I do it all the time on all kinds of tablets and computers.

Marjorie Charm, of the 1940's radio program "Charming Children" always said, "Never say I can't, always say I'll try!"

(learned that at 4yrs. old)

Posted 5 years ago

ANTONIOS

well i said that because it want let me download it at all its sayn my internet not connected like its alot of thing i cant download y iam on wireless. bt any way is there anther way cause i cant download it

Posted 5 years ago

Xhi

If you are not connected to the Internet then i guess you can't download it. Try doing it on a friends computer. Someone who can connect to the internet. If you are truly in the Washington, DC area as your IP indicates then you should be able to get lots of help.

Posted 5 years ago

ANTONIOS

its ok all i really want to do is make my computer go fast like it freeze up when iam tryn to click on things and everything pop up slow

Posted 5 years ago

Xhi

If you can't download anything and are not on the Internet then we really can not help you.

Posted 5 years ago

ANTONIOS

am on the internet now but iam on wireless but i cant download what they asked me download but do u know any free pc cleaners

Posted 5 years ago

Xhi

CCleaner
Malwarebytes

But you have to download them.

Posted 5 years ago

ANTONIOS

i had the ccleaner but it didnt do any thing but i ll try again

Posted 5 years ago

Xhi

You mean it found nothing???
You also have to clean the registry and go to Tools->Startup and disable all entries except for your Antivirus and Firewall.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.