The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - snipping tool doesn't work right

(11 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by curry318
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 4847 times

curry318

My snipping tool is not working right. It will not allow me to save anything. Actually, I just checked and I can't even find it at all. How can I get it back and in working order? Thanks. Pat

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Use this - it is a lot better anyhow. http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Posted 6 years ago

ispalten

Open the START ORB and enter SNIPPING, does it show?

If not, did you disable anything? It is part of the TABLET PC COMPONENT. See if that is off, CONTROL PANEL, PROGRAMS AND FEATURES, and then TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON AND OFF, is that checked?

Irv S.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Irv, in Windows 7 it is not linked to tablet PC - only in Vista.

Posted 6 years ago

Xhi

In Windows 7 it is located at %windir%\system32\SnippingTool.exe. My %windir% is C:\windows. Perhaps a search if yours is not there.

Posted 6 years ago

curry318

I tried the "Jing" thing and it works good. I like it. Thanks. I am tired of messing with the Windows Snipping Tool.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

Have a look at this as well,
http://getgreenshot.org/

Posted 6 years ago

vistamike

Jing does the job but I wonder why the windows snipping tool does not work, I use it all the time.
However, if you have Trusteer Rapport installed in your browser (online banking protection) you may have a problem, which means you may have to disable ST when a financial page is open.

Trusteer Rapport disables ST when a hidden tab is detected.

Mike

Posted 6 years ago

owen123

How Is the Topic Solved, Please Post Back with an 'exiting reply' or accept an answer.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

vistamike

Owen, the topic was solved in this case for the snip problem, my reply above was try to solve the Windows snip problem which should not exist.
That is the exciting bit!

Mike

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

The Best Tech Newsletter Anywhere

Join 250,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, geek trivia, and our feature articles.