How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) ~ Shrink Volume "Access Denied" Disk Logical Error

(5 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by misterm
  • Latest reply from flipswitch5point
  • Topic Viewed 12895 times

misterm

Hi techies,
I am using windows vista Home premium 32 bit operating system. My laptop is hp pavillion dv6700

Problem: I used perfect disk to get 60 gb of shrink space. I was happy about this because without perfect disk i got shrink available as just 600MB. After this when i use shrink volume in vista for 20Gb out of this 60 gb. available vista says. Disk Logical Error "ACCESS DENIED".Even i tried reducing the shrink partition to till 5gb. I took off the following already - hibernation, pagefile etc.. while doing this.

What next to do? I am stuck here. Please don't suggest to have vista reinstall because i dont have vista CD. I need to solve this Access Denied problem.
Even gparted i dont want to use because it needs Vista CD after partioning. Thanks in advance to all techies.

Error : Disk Logical Error ACCESS DENIED
Solution: not yet solved .... asking help to all techies. before writing solution please read problem.Thank you

Posted 9 years ago

misterm

I tried reducing shrinking volume space, atlast i got it with no error,when i keep shrink volume as 10MB. It sucks what the f* it is useful when i tried getting 20gb as shrink volume. Please help guys.

Posted 9 years ago

misterm

Hey guys,

I got solution for this! what i did is i used perfect Disk to CONSOLIDATE FREE SPACE so that all the available free space will be accumulated at the end of the disk rather than a mess up. After this when i tried shrink volume NO ACCESS DENIED message any more for shrink volume in vista. Guys it took me 6 hours to figure out. If you get this kind of ACCESS DENIED DISK LOGICAL ERROR when you try to shrink volume in windows vista you can follow my steps to get rid of it. Hurray! I will be more than happy to assist you when you are facing this kind of problem. Thanks all!

Posted 9 years ago

Brazilianboiii

Looks like you've solved your own problem :p

Posted 9 years ago

flipswitch5point

Thank you, you saved me LOADS of time...

This should be included in the [Working Around Windows Vista's "Shrink Volume" Inadequacy Problems] article.

Posted 9 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.