The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

(Solved) - SHOPRUNNER - scam or no scam?

(4 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by DeliciousWaffles
  • Latest reply from mjctown
  • Topic Viewed 6416 times

DeliciousWaffles

First off, I wasn't really sure which forum this should go in, so I decided in the off topic. I'd like to preface this with saying that after surfing the web for this answer there are many mixed opinions on shoprunner, and I didn't see a thread about this already, so I figured I would ask the good people of How-To Geek whether or not they have had experience with Shoprunner, specifically on Newegg. If you have had experience with it or maybe know someone who has, how was it?

Also, I read Shoprunner's FAQ in its entirety, and they make it seem like you can sign up for their free 2-day shipping, order a bunch of stuff with free shipping, then cancel before the 30 day trail (after having acquired your parts), and not be billed the annual $79.

Even if they did bill me, I feel like I would be saving money in the long run considering I will be purchasing my near $2,000 desktop build from newegg, and shipping would come out more than $79, even if they did bill me.

So..... thoughts?

Posted 7 years ago

warlock

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a25846147/shoprunner_took_my_79_-_success_-?cpg=5&csi=2281207491&pd=0 Check this thread. Never used Shoprunner myself. Have used Newegg however. Very reliable. Some items have free shipping.

Posted 7 years ago

raphoenix

Stick with Newegg Shipping Process.

They are large enough account to even control shipping companies when fuel prices go up.

Best RMA and Cross Replacement process in the world I think.

Rick P.

Accepted Answer · Posted 7 years ago

mjctown

Basically same as Amzn's Prime,both give u 30 day free trial, no risk, can use as much as you want, no charge if u cancel.

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

The Best Tech Newsletter Anywhere

Join 250,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, geek trivia, and our feature articles.