When I turn on my Windows XP computer it brings up a window "Windows Genuine Advantage Notification installation wizard". I don't want this installed. I have been clicking the cancel button but every time I boot up it comes back. How do I remove this?
(Solved) - Remove Windows Genuine Advantage Notification(6 posts)
How to Stop Installation Wizard from installing Windows Genuine Advantage Notification
1. When you see the window for installing the Genuine Advantage Notification software click cancel.
2. Go to "My Computer.
3. Click on "Local Disk", usually it's C:\.
4. Go to folder "Windows."
5. Go to folder "system32."
6. Look for the folder KB905474 and click it to see the files inside.
7. Verify that the folder contains files that have "WGA" or “Genuine Notifications" in the filenames.
8. Delete the folder KB905474. This stops the Installation Wizard from installing Windows Genuine Advantage Notification.
9. Empty the Recycle Bin just to make sure Windows doesn't retrieve the deleted folder.
Really was an old FIX and not a crack.
XP users need to at least think about upgrading to Windows 7 or 8.
The XP O/S is old and tired. :(
This topic has been closed to new replies.