The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - photo thumbnails are orange flowers for every picture in Windows Photo Gallery

(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by rightleggedguy
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 1520 times

rightleggedguy

The thumbnail for every picture in each of my photo folders is an orange quartered flower. Each individual picture folder is labeled correctly but I have to click on each thumbnail in the folder one at a time until I find the picture that I'm looking for. This is on a 64 bit Windows seven system. I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 installed , but this problem just recently started doing this. I've read and read articles in How-To Geek, Windows 7 column and cannot find the right article. I tried accessories → tools →disc cleanup → thumbnail cleanup and this didn't change anything. Hovering over the flower thumbnail doesn't show what is under it, I have to open it up to see. Please help me, Thanks!

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

WPG can corrupt/degrade your images. I suggest you switch to,
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Accepted Answer · Posted 6 years ago

rightleggedguy

whs, Thank you very much! I do not remember changing any settings, unless I clicked on something while playing around in Photoshop 10. I un-clicked the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" and everything is back like it was. Thanks again

Posted 6 years ago

whs

You are welcome.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

I still recommend you switch from WPG.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

I use the Faststone Viewer as my default too. It is an excellent photo viewing product with a lot of functions. But the Windows PG works well too - has a lot less function though.

LH, btw: switching the photo viewer would not have solved his problem. He would have only been looking at a different icon.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.