How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

(Solved) - Out of Office not working Outlook 2007

(6 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by james1903
  • Latest reply from james1903
  • Topic Viewed 2203 times

james1903

Hello,

I am IT Professional working in a small company of about 15 users. We are using a Windows SBS 2008 server and all computers are running Windows 7. Everyones Outlook 2007 seems to running fine apart from one user gets the error message - "Your out of office setting cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later."

I have tried deleting his outlook profile from AppData and loading outlook again to recreate it but still no luck. All the autodiscover setting are fine as every other user can access out of office. The strange thing is when another user is logged onto the computer he usually uses their out of office works and when he logs onto another computer his out of office works. So basically the problem is the user cant access out of office on the machine he always uses. A simple solution would be to swap computers with someone else, but I want to get to the root of the problem.

Any help is appreciated thank you.

Posted 7 years ago

gedstar

Have to tried creating a new user profile for the user, sounds to me like a profile issue. Rename his profile and get him to logon again!

Posted 7 years ago

james1903

I take it I would rename his profile in the C:\Users folder on his computer?

Posted 7 years ago

gedstar

Yes, you will need to logon as administrator first

Posted 7 years ago

james1903

Well its nearly closing time on a Friday so I'll try your suggestion on Monday!

Posted 7 years ago

james1903

Thanks your help problem solved. I didn't even do anything came in on Monday and it worked............strange!

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

The Best Tech Newsletter Anywhere

Join 250,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, geek trivia, and our feature articles.