The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

(Solved) - Installing Windows XP - An unexpected error (52225)

(2 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by luvssunsets
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 1603 times

luvssunsets

After installing a brand new Samsung 160GB hard drive in an HP Pavilion ZE2000 laptop I put the installation disk into the CD drive after the "Windows setup" finished running a message popped onto the screen that stated "An unexpected error (52225) occurred at line 5218 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\setup.c." then down on the next line it said "Press any key to continue", so I pressed enter and it appeared that the computer was going to allow me to continue to load Windows XP. I hit F8 and agreed to the terms and after pressing enter to continue the loading process the message keeps coming up that "Setup could not read the CD you inserted, or the CD is not a valid Windows CD" (The CD I am using is the original one that came with my computer and is a valid copy of Windows XP.) Then in the next paragraph it basically tells me to put a valid copy of Windows 98, XP, 2000 etc.... once the CD has been inserted press enter to continue....I press enter to continue and the same message keeps coming up. I have no clue as to what to do. Is there anyone who has any idea what I need to do next (other than throwing my computer in front of a fast moving train...lol) Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. NOTE: Other than the new hard drive nothing else has been changed on this computer. Thanks

Posted 10 years ago

raphoenix

luvssunsets,
---
Please post EXACT model number (sku).
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=442888
---
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 10 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

The Best Tech Newsletter Anywhere

Join 250,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, geek trivia, and our feature articles.