The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - I get redirected to a website or websites with ads on them

(33 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by AnnaQuezada
  • Latest reply from AnnaQuezada
  • Topic Viewed 774 times

AnnaQuezada

Even when I type a website in the URL it will re direct me to some other random page or a page with some ad . I use to have a virus but I took my computer some where and they got rid of it but I'm not sure what is wrong now ? It use to do this as well before the virus was taken off . I have downloaded Google Chrome because originally I had Internet explorer to try to fix the problem but that didn't help. My computer has been restored but still no help . What can I do ?

Posted 4 years ago

warlock

It looks like your previous problem was not solved. You are going to have to do as raphoenix suggested.
https://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic/trojan-horse-parched_cmis-object-name-cwindowssystem32servicesexe?replies=8

Edit: When you say your computer was restored, what exactly was done?

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

I'm not sure that's what the person that fixed my computer said & it looks like they restored it because when I got on it was like new with its original documents but the ads were still here .

Posted 4 years ago

vistamike

raphoenix actually gave you the best option but you did not follow his advice

You obviously have some toolbars attached so you did not do a complete recovery

I would be looking at the 2 free apps below, run both as full scan

http://www.malwarebytes.org/pr.....ytes_free/

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

Will do .

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

I did run the Malwarebytes and it told me I had a Torjan Dropper & Trojan Clicker .

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

& a Rookit

Posted 4 years ago

ronniesonora

Did Malwarebytes remove it? If not try this http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/mbar/

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

I don't think malware is doing much it just tells me the viruses my computer now has & "deletes"them but once I run the scan again it's still there all it says is that I can quarantine them .

Posted 4 years ago

ronniesonora

Did you run the malwarebytes root kit in the post above?

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

Yes I think I did a block window asks if I want to I clicked yes it shuts down & turns back on but I still have the Trojan.Clicker & Rootkit.0Access .

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

Black window *

Posted 4 years ago

ronniesonora

Check here http://www.ehow.com/how_507498.....icker.html

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

I tried the above as well but I wasn't able to open all of that on my computer because I couldn't find it .

Posted 4 years ago

GuiltySpark

Anna ,

Run the SAS program VistaMike suggested it will remove the registry files (infected) and it also removes rookits.

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

Okay I'm running that right now .

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

It looks like it worked. Thank you guys so much .

Posted 4 years ago

warlock

Thanks for posting back. Would suggest using a good anti virus to help stay that way.

Posted 4 years ago

amkeew

ronniesonora - Thanks for the mbar linky. Just ran it and it already found 4 malwares. And is still running.

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

Which Anti virus would you suggest ?

Posted 4 years ago

warlock

http://windows.microsoft.com/e.....s-download Many here use and recommend this one. Are you using anything now?

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

At the moment none . Unless you count CC cleaner as one & the ones I downloaded . (Malwarebytes & SScleaner)

Posted 4 years ago

warlock

Since you do not have a conflicting antivirus installed download and install the one I linked to above. It is free and does a good job.

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

Will do , thank you .

Posted 4 years ago

amkeew

Ran the mbar. It identified four rootkit issues. But it could not resolve them because the system crashed each time. I even tried doing one rootkit at a time. But no go. Plenty of memory dump each time and it took Ccleaner about 10 minutes each time to clear the dump.

Posted 4 years ago

warlock

@amkeew, Not really sure why you are on this thread. If you are having a problem please start you own topic.

Posted 4 years ago

amkeew

It's the same topic about root kits removal. Relax.

Posted 4 years ago

GuiltySpark

amkeew MBAR is still in Beta format, best to use SAS at present and tell MBAM about the issue so they can fix it.

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

Yesterday I ran the SAS and it detected 22 and got rid of them today it's saying 145 & still detecting , oh no . What does that mean ?

Posted 4 years ago

GuiltySpark

They maybe tracking cookies, check when it's finished by clicking on the + symbol inside a box next to the 'issues'.

Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

So does that mean yesterday they didn't get rid of them ? I also ran Microsoft security essentials and that didn't detect anything .

Posted 4 years ago

GuiltySpark

Tracking cookies aren't harmful, they are just cookies that get used by websites for advertising purposes and log in sessions things like that. Nothing to worry about.

It's when it appears in Red and says things like Critical.Hijacker.blah blah, that's when you worry :)

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

AnnaQuezada

Okay good , Thank you very much (:

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.