The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - hw to kill KHATRA.exe

(10 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by thaslim
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 43296 times

thaslim

Hi friends, My PC is affected by KHATRA.exe, & ghost.exe,these viruses really troubling and created .exe folders inside each folder,could any one tell me hw to delete these PROCESSES permanently, i cant update my antivirus since dont have NET at home...... F1 friends...

Posted 8 years ago

Fernguy

Procedure to remove Khatra.exe virus manually

1)Go to task manager and select regsvr.exe(if found), gHost.exe , khatra.exe , Xplorer.exe rt click and select end process tree.
press WIN+r or start>RUN

2)type cmd and hit enter

3)GO to the the drive where your OS is installed

4)In the command prompt make sure you get the command line as c:\ or d:\ (this can be achieved by the command "cd .." without quotes)

5)Type attrib -s -h -r khatra.exe
Repeat the same process for the location c:\windows\system32

6)type del khatra.exe

7)Follow the same process for gHost.exe & Xplorer.exe as they are also part of the virus.

To make sure that the virus is out of you pc , check your registry
1)win+R type regedit

2)ctrl+F type in search one by 1 the names of the 3 processes i.e khatra,gHost,Xplorer

3)search the entire registry n go-on deleting the values you find.

Is your registry blocked by viruses?
Do you get the message "registry editing has been disabled by your admin"? then follow the instructions below

Enable Registry Editor
1:Extract the file
2:Right click on the file unhook.inf and select install
Download Registry Editor below
http://sites.google.com/site/a.....edirects=0
Afterward download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware install then update then run program. You may need to reinstall your Anti-Virus program and do a update the run and remove any found virus.

Posted 8 years ago

thaslim

Thans a lot dear Fernguy... Let me try all the procedures n hope would work.... thans again for the valuable answer..... god bless u...

Posted 8 years ago

thaslim

Hi dear....As u hv said, i have followed the method and virus got deleted, but in a next restart those three viruses
(khatra,ghost,xplorer) start running automatically(even before opening any drives in'MY COMPUTER'),and still the problem continous,may be reinstalling the os would solve the prob finally.......?

Posted 8 years ago

baldeguy56

Hi thaslim, I am sorry that you are having a problem such as this. Please go here..
website
then download either SuperAntiSpyware or Malwarebytes. Which ever one you choose to use, update the program before you begin a scan. Both of these programs will work in safe mode if you should find it necessary to do so. Please post back and let us know if you were successful or need more help. Good luck...Garry

Posted 8 years ago

baldeguy56

thaslim, I apologize for not reading your post more closely. The infected computer is the one you have home and you are not hooked up to the internet. If this is the case then you would need to use a computer having an internet connection, along with a cd burner and a blank CD. Burn those programs to disk and install either program onto your computer, but you will be without the most recent updates. This may work for you. Sorry for having to double post here. Good luck...Garry

Posted 8 years ago

thaslim

Well Dear Garry.... thanks 4 ur support.... actually could hv formatted and reinstalled Os, but jus want to know can such virus be removed without formatting...? k surely wil do as u said n post back u soon....
Regards......
thaslim.

Posted 8 years ago

thaslim

SOLVED: WELL DEAR GARRY,FINALLY WAS ABLE TO DELETE THOSE VIRUSES PERMANENTLY and SCANNED WITH AVAST..... everything is 5ne ... had some problem with CONTROL PANEL, REGEDIT etc(were disabled), N its workin now with the help of some Restriction Removal Tool....
thanks & Regards,
Thaslim

Posted 8 years ago

sshhaann

khatra.exe affected in my computer.i write a cd with that.Is it affected with khatra.exe

Posted 8 years ago

LH

sshhaann welcome. Please post your problem in a New Topic. Thankyou.

Posted 8 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.