The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Drivers for Epson Stylus Photo 1280 to use on Windows 7 Ultimate

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by milkcan
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 3430 times

milkcan

You folks are very sharp and thats why I am coming to you. I have been doing Photo restoration about eight years. Epson made the Epson Stylus Photo 1280 printers and they are one of the best printers ever made. I have four of these printers and there are thousand of photograpers that have these printers. The problem is that Epson will not make drivers for them to work on Windows 7. I have four computers two-Windows XP so the printers will work, I have two Windows 7 with Ultimate. I have the two with Windows Ultimate hoping I could use the X mode so I could use the Windows XP drivers with Window 7 Ultimate in the X mode. I have a pictorial history museum where I restore historical photos and print them with thes 1280 printers. They will print a true black/white or grayscale picture which the newer Epson printers will not. I purchase a very expensive Epson and all it would do was drink large enoughs of ink. I went round and round with Epson and they just flat out told me they would not make the drivers. I would love to do away with Windows Xp and use Window 7 Ultimate on all my computers with these printers. Can you folks come up with any ideas so I can use these printers on Windows 7. Thank you for help and time. Allen Millican, Millican Pictorial History Museum

Posted 6 years ago

StringJunky

If your W7 machine is 64bit, Epson do a 64bit Vista-compatible 1280 driver which seems to load ok on my 64bit W7 premium machine...obviously I can't verify that it works but it installed ok and got as far as looking for the printer before I had to cancel it so it's worth a try. Scroll down to Windows 64bit section:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/S.....=Downloads

Tony

Edit: Just noticed they do a 32 bit Vista-compatible version as well on the same page.

Posted 6 years ago

milkcan

I really do appreciate your information but I have already done this. You can install the drivers but the drivers will not let the printer print correctly. Thank anyway. Allen Millican

Posted 6 years ago

StringJunky

Apologies if you think it's a rubbish idea but have you thought about grabbing a couple of used vista machines to replace your xp's or using a vista upgrade disk in them to extend the useful life of your printers? Clutching at straws here!

Tony

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

If the drivers for the printer won't work with the OS then the only thing to do is to write your own drivers. Good luck with that. I did it years ago (not for printers, but for graphics, and other cards), but it was a lot easier back then.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.