The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Core i7-4770K: Haswell's Performance, Previewed

(12 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by raphoenix
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 1033 times

raphoenix

Full Article with Graphs and Charts Comparisons.

http://www.tomshardware.com/re.....,3461.html

Posted 4 years ago

whs

Looks marginal to me. I would not wait for Haswell. The 3770K is good enough.

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix

This Haswell is rumored to be the LAST CPU which will NOT be soldiered onto the mother board.

Posted 4 years ago

whs

Rick, other than the OC capability of the i3770K, what is the difference to the plain 3770.

PS: I never saw you come back to this thread. I was not sure whether I answered you question and was right in what you were looking for.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue

in summary

3770k has unlocked multiplier, 3.5ghz base clock, and power is rated for 77watts

3770, locked multiplier, 3.4ghz base clock, power is the same

also

The Intel Core i7-3770 has these features that are not on the Intel Core i7-3770K:
-Support for VT-d (Virtulization for Directed I/O)
-Support for TXT (Trusted Execution Technology)
-Support for use in a V-Pro build

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix

@whs,

This is where you can Compare all Intel CPUs.
http://www.intel.com/content/w.....ct=desktop

Mick is a bit Faster Typist but I normally just reference Intel Comparison Page so everyone can compare ANY CPUs.

As for the PS: on that Topic, I didn't have the heart to tell the OP that he was going to have fresh install the O/S. :(

Posted 4 years ago

whs

Thanks Mickeyblue. So if I don't want to OC, the 3770 should suffice or maybe even better because I run a lot of virtual machines, right.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue

the way i see it the 3770k is simply for overclocking purposes, as its as simple as turning up the multiplier. easy gains up to 4.5/7ghz

on the 3770 overclocking is alot harder.

Posted 4 years ago

whs

Rick, He might have been able to fix it. I suspected that either his C partition was deactivated or his MBR was mucked up. Both could have been easily fixed.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue

yes the 3770 is better for virtualization, im using one in a Read only domain controller server, running Vm's, runs like a charm.

Posted 4 years ago

whs

OK, understand the 3770 OC restriction. I think that's the one I will go with. It is for upgrading my Dell Inspiron in Germany. In this Dell XPS 8300 here (in Florida), I have an i7 2600 and that works very well.

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix

Intel VT-d Explanation. ( Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O )

http://software.intel.com/en-u.....rected-io/

PS: I've never seen a Solution to "Boot Manager Missing" issue on this forum yet. :(

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.