The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Can't play streaming video on my pc.

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Erased
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 518 times

Erased

Hi

First off I hope this is in the right spot & I also searched & couldn't find what I was looking for so here I am. Anyway, I've been having major issues here lately with streaming online video on my pc. I cannot play ANYTHING from ustream & I have been on numerous other message boards & they keep on telling me to mess with the adobe flash player settings and move the slider down to 10kb. I've done that. I've also cleared my cache, deleted all cookies etc. & still no luck. I am running the latest version of Chrome for my browser & if I could get some help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted 6 years ago

Erased

Fixed it. Nevermind

Posted 6 years ago

warlock

@Erased Enlighten us. Would be appreciated.

Posted 6 years ago

Erased

It was my McAfee firewall setting on my security suite. Something got tripped & it wouldn't allow access from Ustream. I did some more reading after I posted here and I figured i'd give that a shot & it worked. As usual it was staring me right in the face the whole time & I feel kinda stupid lol.

Posted 6 years ago

warlock

Thanks for posting back no reason to feel stupid. Glad you got the problem solved.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

The Best Tech Newsletter Anywhere

Join 250,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, geek trivia, and our feature articles.