The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - All my Keyboard buttons has switched place - PLEASE HELP FAST!

(8 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by najkiie
  • Latest reply from wguru
  • Topic Viewed 28022 times

najkiie

Hey there, my friend is having abit of a problem with his keyboard.

All his buttons has switched place, like when he press Y it comes s Z, but with all buttons.

i know there is some kind of hotkey for changing it, like Ctrl + Shift + Alt, or something like that (not sure)... but i cant find it.

Please help if you know something about it.!

Posted 9 years ago

Mandoleer

I remember long ago a keyboard where z and x both gave z, c and v gave c and so on - a cable fault that took quite a bit of diagnosing (in MS-DOS 3.3). This sounds more like Control Panels - Keyboard could be useful. On Win 2000Pro it can be Shift-Control or Shift-Left Alt. This can be turned off - recommended unless you really want to switch keyboard to something foreign (in my case foreign = US...). Control Panels - Keyboard - Input Locales - Change Key Sequence and then uncheck Change Key Sequence. And select the Keyboard you really want, of course. One of the girls in the office I used to work next door to had this regularly until I took the short cut off. This is one of the less useful short-cuts in my opinion.

If it's not this, over to the REAL geeks..... (Probably won't be this. Too easy.)

Posted 9 years ago

whs

Did someone change the language settings? If yes, go into "Clock, Language, Region" and change it to Engljsh.

Posted 9 years ago

0zSpitt

i had a wireless keyboard that did this exact same thing

Posted 9 years ago

najkiie

thanks guys, it worked :D woho!

Posted 9 years ago

Mandoleer

Type all the letters in their rows (Mine would start qwertyuiop) and let me know what you get as opposed to what you expect. Or check the various layouts at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout
If Y and Z are interchanging, it sounds like a qwertz layout instead of the qwerty you should have in Sweden. qwertz is used in Germany, Czech Republic and others in that region. Not all the keys are different, but a lot are - and you might have German as a supplied option (which we in the UK don't - we get US as an alternative which is bad enough).

Posted 9 years ago

Mandoleer

That's what happens when you come back in without Reloading... Useful link, anyway.

Posted 9 years ago

wguru

Wudda bean nice to say what exactly it wuz that caused the issue to start with.

Posted 8 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.