The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Adobe won't connect to a DDE server

(8 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by misdeed
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 9145 times

misdeed

Can anyone give me any suggestions please in simple terms? I can't uninstall Adobe to try & re install & start again. None of my pdf's will open & keep getting Fatal Error msg about DDE server. Do I have to take my laptop in to be serviced by a Pro to have this fixed or does anyone know of a simple (laymans terms!!) proceedure to remedy this please? When tried to uninstall keeps telling me I can't because it's open in another file but I've shut everything else down. Strange?

Posted 6 years ago

warlock

What exact message are you getting when trying to open files?

Posted 6 years ago

misdeed

Hi Warlock, no message straight away pdf's won't open then on task bar the Adobe logo comes up & saays Fatal Error Adobe cannot connect to a DDE server. Hope makes sense to you! Thankyou

Posted 6 years ago

warlock

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416414 Read through these see if any apply.

Posted 6 years ago

misdeed

Will do - I went into Adobe sites but couldn't do anything as can't uninstall for a start but will try proceedure again & anything else site suggests. If nothing works, I appreciate your replies & will take it to a service person. Thanks Warlock

Posted 6 years ago

warlock

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/re.....-8000.html Have a look here disable protected mode. Don't give up so soon.

Accepted Answer · Posted 6 years ago

misdeed

Haha - I started from scratch again, got in to Adobe, hit repair & that seems to have done the trick for now. I couldn't get in there to do that last night. You are a good motivator Warlock (must be of the Good Warlock variety!) THANKYOU for your input & help.

Posted 6 years ago

warlock

Hope it stays fixed. Remember the, if at first you don't succeed try try again. If that doesn't work then spend money at the shop.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

The Best Tech Newsletter Anywhere

Join 250,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, geek trivia, and our feature articles.