If you often need to use Microsoft Word for writing documents, you’ve probably come across the situation where you needed to delete the beginning of each line in a list, especially if you are reformatting a document or dealing with text pasted from another source.
Did you realize you can select text vertically? All you have to do is hold down the Alt key, and you can make a vertical selection.
For example, I want to delete the first two words from each item in this list, so I hold down the Alt key and make a selection around the area:
Now I can cut, copy, or just delete the selection.
You can make a vertical selection anywhere in the document, not just with lists. It’s probably more useful when dealing with a similar scenario.
- › How to Change Your Age on TikTok
- › How to Screen Record on iPhone
- › PSA: You Can Email Books and Documents to Your Kindle
- › This Huge Curved Ultrawide Monitor From LG Is $337 Today
- › The New HP Pro x360 Fortis Is a 2-In-1 Laptop Under $500
- › Get PC Power With Tablet Portability in the Surface Pro 9 for $200 Off