Roku smart TVs have been popular for years, but Roku has historically only handled the software side, with companies like TCL and Hisense building the final hardware. That’s finally changing, as Roku’s first lineup of home-built TVs are hitting stores.
Roku announced its lineup of Roku Select and Roku Plus Series TVs back at CES, which are the first TVs to be sold by Roku on its own without another company’s hardware design (that we know of, anyway). The TVs are positioned as something akin to Microsoft’s Surface products or Google’s Pixel phones, but quality will likely be all over the place — there are 11 models across a wide price range of $119 to $1199.
The company said in its announcement, “Building on Roku’s TV streaming leadership and decades of experience, Roku Plus Series TVs deliver stunning picture quality, ultra-fast performance, and are loaded with enhanced features like automatic brightness, wireless sound expandability, Bluetooth Private Listening, Roku’s Voice Remote Pro, and more.”
Roku 50-inch Select Series 4K TV
Roku's own lineup of TVs is sold exclusively through Best Buy, ranging in size from 24-75 inches, and prices from $119-1199.
The Roku Select Series is the entry-level option, with all the essentials you need for a decent viewing experience, complete with a Roku Voice Remote in the box. The Roku Plus Series lineup has QLED 4K screens with local dimming, Wi-Fi 6, Dolby Atmos, wireless soundbar support, and automatic brightness across the board.
Interested? Check out the following links for the various TV models on offer:
- 24″ Select Series HD Smart Roku TV ($149)
- 32″ Select Series HD Smart Roku TV ($199)
- 40″ Select Series Full HD Smart Roku TV ($279)
- 43″ Select Series 4K Smart Roku TV ($319)
- 50″ Select Series 4K Smart Roku TV ($379)
- 55″ Select Series 4K Smart Roku TV ($429)
- 65″ Select Series 4K Smart Roku TV ($599)
- 75″ Select Series 4K Smart Roku TV ($799)
- 55″ Plus Series QLED 4K Smart Roku TV ($649)
- 65″ Plus Series QLED 4K Smart Roku TV ($799)
- 75″ Plus Series QLED 4K Smart Roku TV ($1199)
The new TVs will be exclusive to Best Buy, and should be available online and in Best Buy physical stores starting today. An updated Roku Wireless Soundbar will also be available at Best Buy “later this month,” and Roku OS 12 is rolling out to existing TVs and streaming devices.
Source: Roku Blog
- › Your Roku TV Is Getting a Major Update
- › Amazon Just Released More Smart TVs, Including a $200 Model
- › Roku’s New Smart TVs Are Already on Sale, Starting at $120
- › Tesla Track Mode: What It Is And How It Works
- › Where Do Weather Apps Get Their Info From?
- › Microsoft PowerPoint Has a New List Feature on the Web
- › How to Enable .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.5 in Windows 11
- › How to Turn On or Off the Always On Display for Android