System76 has begun teasing a new model of the Pangolin laptop, and it’s packed to the brim with improvements and new features. The Pangolin laptop is powered by the new AMD Ryzen 7 6800U CPU, which uses the chipmaker’s Zen 3+ architecture — not quite the Zen 4 architecture you will soon be able to find on laptops, but it’s pretty good nonetheless. The screen is also getting an upgrade from its previous, bog-standard 60Hz refresh rate up to a more impressive 144Hz.
System76 is showing off this laptop with cheeky gym-themed advertising, saying that the Pangolin took “a hiatus” to “improve its physique.” The laptop also comes with up to 32GB of RAM, plenty of connectivity options, and a choice between the latest versions of Pop!_OS and Ubuntu.
It sounds like a solid laptop to check out if you’re a Linux enthusiast and you want a break from Windows and macOS. System76 doesn’t have a release date for this laptop, but we’ll likely know more over the next months.
- › Windows 11 Is Adding Even More Widgets
- › Work and Play Anywhere With the ROG G14 Laptop, Now $400 Off
- › Windows 10’s Bad Upgrade Prompts Are Back for Windows 11
- › Intel’s Arc A750 Graphics Card Has a New Lower Price
- › Samsung Made a Music Video for the Galaxy S23’s Ringtone
- › AMD’s Ryzen 7000X3D Pricing Looks Really, Really Good