Wi-Fi 7 isn’t even out, yet many routers, and devices, are coming with support for the upcoming standard already. Now, ASUS is joining that list with its very first Wi-Fi 7 routers, and of course, they’re gaming-focused.
🎉 The ASUS RT-BE96U is a How-To Geek Best of CES 2023 award winner! Make sure to check out our full list of winners to learn more about exciting products coming in 2023.
ASUS just unveiled two new routers, the Rapture GT-BE98 and the RT-BE96U. Both of them belong to the ASUS ROG family of gaming devices, which means you can expect both of these routers to have an over-the-top design and, of course, be excellent for gaming. In the case of these devices, that means supporting the Wi-Fi 7 standard earlier.
The GT-BE98 is a quad-band router, supporting two 5 GHz bands, one 6 GHz band, and one 2.4 GHz band. The RT-BE96U is, on the other hand, a tri-band router, with support for one 5 GHz band instead of two.
ASUS hasn’t announced pricing or availability info for these routers, so you can’t go out and buy them right now. They’ll likely become available at some point this year, perhaps whenever the Wi-Fi 7 spec is actually finalized. What ASUS did say, however, is that we should expect more Wi-Fi 7 announcements over the course of the year, so you might not need to be stuck with a spaceship-looking router once the standard rolls around.
Source: Overclock 3D
- › ASUS Made a Wireless Mech Keyboard With a Tiny OLED Screen
- › How-To Geek’s Best of CES 2023 Award Winners
- › How to Screen Record on iPhone
- › You Need an “Idea Bucket”
- › PSA: You Can Email Books and Documents to Your Kindle
- › How to Add Text to a Cell With a Formula in Excel
- › How to Change Your Age on TikTok
- › This Huge Curved Ultrawide Monitor From LG Is $337 Today