Desktop graphics cards were hard to come by over the past year or two, but they have started to level out. That means better deals on gaming PCs, like this Lenovo model for $949.99 on Amazon during Cyber Monday.
The Lenovo IdeaCentre Gaming 5i is on sale right now for $949.99, a savings of $270 from the original MSRP, but it has stayed at $1,000 for most of the past month. It’s a desktop gaming PC, with an Intel Core i5-12400 CPU (6 cores, 12 threads) and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card. You also get 16 GB RAM, a 512 GB SSD as the main system drive, and a 1 TB hard drive for additional (slower) storage). Windows 11 is pre-installed, and a basic mouse and keyboard are included.
Lenovo IdeaCentre Gaming 5i
This gaming PC has a 6-core Intel CPU and RTX 3060 graphics card, making it a great option under $1,000 for 1080p (and some 4K) gaming.
This PC doesn’t have the absolute latest hardware — we’re now up to 13th-gen Intel CPUs. Still, this is a capable mid-range gaming desktop, and that RTX 3060 graphics card delivers an excellent gaming experience at 1080p (or 4K for some games). Lenovo used its “17L Chassis” for this build, providing a few ports on the front for easy access, and many more connections on the back.
If you’re more in the market for a portable gaming rig, check out our roundup of the best gaming laptops. Amazon says the sale ends after today (November 28).
- › Will macOS 14 Sonoma Run on My MacBook or Desktop Mac?
- › You Can Now Download Apple Developer Previews for Free (But You Shouldn’t)
- › 4 Wildly Popular Apple Products That Were Criticized at Launch
- › What to Do If OpenAI’s Services Are Not Available in Your Country
- › Acer Aspire Vero 15 (2023) Review: A Nice Green Laptop With Some Flaws
- › Android 14 Reaches “Platform Stability” With Beta 3 Release