The holiday season is a time of giving, getting closer to friends and family, and not least importantly, tasty food. Google’s Search component, which is still the company’s main product, is now making it easier to look up food and places to eat it.
Google has added two new food-related features to Search. The first one is related to Google Lens. If you want to look up a tasty dish you saw somewhere — maybe you grabbed a picture of it online or you saw a picture of it somewhere — you can now look it up with the “near me” multisearch element. This way, Google Lens will return results of places near you where they may have the dish or dessert you’re craving at that very moment.
What if you don’t have a picture, but you have its name? Well, don’t worry about that. You can also use good old, regular Search to find places near you where they might be selling a specific dish. Just go ahead and type the dish you want in the search box followed by “near me,” and Google will do the rest. For example, if you want to look up where to grab truffle mac and cheese, just type “truffle mac and cheese near me,” and Google will hook you up with something.
Both of these features are rolling out now.
- › 12 Apple TV Features You Should Be Using
- › 25 Awesome Board Game Stocking Stuffers for Under $25
- › 7 Work From Home Tips I’ve Learned in 10+ Years of Doing It
- › 7 Awesome Google Drive Features You May Not Know About
- › How to View Instagram Posts Without an Account
- › How to Contact Facebook For Account Help