Netflix is largely responsible for the ad-free, monthly subscription streaming model that has become so popular. However, Netflix now has a “Basic with Ads” plan that includes ads for a lower price. But just how many ads is it?
The “Basic with Ads” plan was announced in October 2022. It’s priced at only $6.99 per month, which is $3 less than the previously cheapest “Basic” plan. Thankfully, we don’t have to guess how many ads you’ll have to sit through. Here are the details:
- Netflix says there will be an “average of 4 to 5 minutes of ads per hour.”
- The ads are 15 or 30 seconds long.
- Ads can appear “before and during shows and films.”
Beyond the ads, the plan comes with a few other caveats. Some movies and TV shows won’t be available with this plan due to licensing restrictions. The Basic with Ads plan also does not allow for downloading content to watch offline.
Four to five minutes of ads is certainly much less than cable TV. If you’re a Netflix user that doesn’t watch a lot of stuff, it may be worth sitting through those ads to save some money. Despite a lot of competition, Netflix still has one of the largest libraries of quality content among streaming services.
RELATED: Which Streaming Service Has the Best Movies, By the Numbers
- › Here’s How Much Time You’re Wasting Watching Streaming Ads
- › Here’s How Netflix Will Stop You From Sharing Passwords
- › Netflix Is Upgrading Its Ad-Supported Plan
- › Minecraft is Now Available for Your Chromebook
- › Who Is the Apple Vision Pro Augmented Reality Headset For?
- › Apple Maps Will Finally Work Offline
- › Samsung Might Reveal New Folding Phones in July
- › How VPN Encryption Works