Somebody recently wrote in asking how to backup the list of saved passwords in Firefox into a spreadsheet, so I’m writing the solution here for everybody: All you need is the Password Exporter extension.
If you’d like to backup your entire profile including passwords, cookies, bookmarks, etc, you can use this method.
Open up the Add-ons screen and find Password Exporter in the list, where you can click the Options button to bring up the Import/Export Passwords dialog.
You can either import or export your passwords using this dialog, and you can choose to encrypt them if you want.
You can export in either XML or CSV format. If you are trying to create a spreadsheet with all your passwords the CSV file would be a better choice.
Just be very careful with the list of passwords you exported.
Download Password Exporter from Mozilla Add-ons
- › The Best Articles for Backing Up and Syncing Your Data
- › The Apple Watch Is Getting a Software Overhaul
- › Your iPhone Is Getting a Journal App From Apple
- › 15-Inch MacBook Air Is Official, Complete With M2 Chip
- › Apple Is Updating Widgets on Mac, With Help From Your iPhone
- › The M2 Ultra Is Apple’s Most Powerful Chip Yet
- › Apple’s Long-Awaited Vision Pro Headset is Here