To make it easier for people to find your Facebook profile, change your username so your profile link is easy to remember. We’ll show you how to do this on Facebook’s desktop site, as the mobile app doesn’t allow you to change it.
In case you’re unaware, your username is the text string that appears after Facebook.com, the URL and takes people to your profile. For example, if your username is
maheshm , your Facebook profile URL is:
RELATED: How to Change Your Name on Facebook
When you choose a username, make sure it adheres to Facebook’s guidelines for usernames. Here’s what the official rules say:
- You must not use a username that someone else is already using.
- Your username can only have alphabets, numbers, and periods. Extensions like
.comare not supported.
- You must have at least 5 characters in your username.
- Your username shouldn’t impersonate another user.
If your new username is in line with the above rules, here’s how to go about changing your current username.
After signing in, from Facebook’s top-right corner, choose your profile icon.
In the menu that opens, select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
On the right pane, in the “General Profile Settings” section, choose “Username.”
In the “Username” field, type the new username you’d like to use. Then, click “Save Changes.”
If asked, enter your Facebook password. Learn what to do if you forgot your Facebook password.
And that’s it. You’ve successfully changed your profile URL on Facebook. You’ll now use the new username link to refer people to your page on this social media platform. Enjoy!
- › How to Change Your Reddit Username
- › How to Contact Facebook For Account Help
- › You Need an “Idea Bucket”
- › Samsung’s New OLED Monitor Is Huge and Ultrawide
- › How to Add Text to a Cell With a Formula in Excel
- › How to Fix Blurry Pictures
- › How to Watch the 2023 Super Bowl LVII Without Cable
- › How to Keep Kindle Library Books Past Their Due Date