On both iPhone and Android, you can dial an extension number without manually going through the main line. You can do this using your phone’s built-in Phone app, and we’ll show you how.
If you’re on an iPhone and you want to reach an extension number, then first, launch the Phone app.
In the Phone app, enter the main phone number. This is the number before the extension.
You’ll now add a pause after the main phone number. To do that, press and hold down the * (asterisk) button on the keypad. You’ll see a comma after your phone number.
Now press the extension number you want to connect to. Then, hit the Call key.
Your iPhone will directly connect you to the specified extension number, and you’re all set.
On a related note, did you know you can get your iPhone to automatically dial extension numbers?
To start, open the Phone app and type the main phone number (without the extension). Then, beside the number, tap the three dots.
In the menu that opens, choose “Add 2-Sec Pause.” This will add a comma after your main phone number.
Now that you have a comma, type the extension you want to reach. Then, press the Call key.
Your Android phone will connect you to the specified extension, and you’ll be ready to talk. Enjoy!
RELATED: How to Block Calls on Android
- › Drop + EPOS H3X Review: An Affordable Gaming Headset That’s Also Great for Music
- › 5 Ways to Speed Up Your Windows PC in 5 Minutes or Less
- › Today Only: This Tiny 65W 2-Port USB-C Charger Is Just $32
- › How to Block Websites on Android
- › What Is VSync, and Should You Enable It?
- › Disney+ With Ads Is Here, and It Doesn’t Work on Roku