When you download a file with Microsoft Edge, a download menu pops up and blocks part of your view of the browser window below. If you find this annoying, you can turn it off easily on PC or Mac. Here’s how
First, open the Edge app. In any Edge browser window, click the ellipses button (three dots) in the upper-right corner. In the menu that appears, select “Settings.”
When the Settings tab opens, click “Downloads” in the sidebar.
In Download settings, flip the switch beside “Show downloads menu when a download starts” into the off position (when it is no longer highlighted.)
After that, close the Settings tab. The next time you download a file, the Downloads pop-up menu will no longer appear. Happy browsing!
RELATED: How to View and Clear Download History in Microsoft Edge
- › GPT 3.5 vs. GPT 4: What’s the Difference?
- › Get Hours Back From Your Workday With Nuance’s Speech Recognition Tools
- › Audible Is Throwing Ads in Your Audiobooks
- › Google Chrome Is Getting a New Look for 2023
- › This Solar Watch Has Infinite Battery Life & Won’t Nag You With Alerts
- › Bing Chat AI Now Has Better Search and Higher Limits