If you missed the option to set up your Gmail in Thunderbird during the initial installation, here is how to set it up quickly and easily.
Remember to have POP enabled for your Gmail account.
Open Thunderbird and go to Tools Account Settings and click the Add Account button.
The Account Wizard will open, just simply select Gmail and click Next.
Next enter in your name and Gmail address and click Next.
Verify all of your information and click on Finish. That is all there is to it! When you first go to check the mail in your Gmail account Thunderbird will ask for your username and password.
I like the fact Thunderbird comes set up and ready to accept Gmail. It makes the process a lot easier and straight forward than adding it to Outlook as there can be several unexpected issues.
Also check out setting up IMAP with Gmail and Thunderbird!
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi
- › The 10 Best Netflix Original Movies in 2022
- › NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card Review: Lossless High-Quality Footage
- › T-Mobile Is Selling Your App Activity: Here’s How to Opt Out
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features