Opera 9.5 was officially released today. I started to play with this version today and I must say I am quite impressed! Here is a quick how-to on importing your Firefox bookmarks into Opera.
The first thing I did was open up the bookmarks management console in Firefox. Click on File Export.
This brings up an Explorer screen to choose the directory to save the bookmarks file in. I am just placing my on the desktop.
Then Open Opera and go to File Import and Export Import Firefox Bookmarks
Now navigate to the Firefox bookmark file you just created and double click “bookmarks.html”.
The next screen is a confirmation indicating the entries imported. Click OK.
Now when I opened Opera and went to the bookmarks tab all of my Firefox bookmarks were put into the Netscape folder.
We can easily change this. Just click on the Manage Bookmarks tab navigate to the Netscape folder, right click and choose Properties.
This brings up a window similar to that in Firefox where we can rename the folder and other descriptive information.
- › How to Send Directions to Waze on Your Phone From Your Computer
- › How to Share and Assign Reminders on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Turn Off Automatic Picture-in-Picture on iPhone
- › How to Disable iMessage Mention Notifications on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Control Smart Home Devices in the Control Center on iPhone or iPad