With everything that phones can do, it’s easy to forget they are phones at the core. On Android, you have the choice to swap your phone (dialer) apps with something else from the Play Store. We’ll show you how to do it.
If you’d like to try one of these, you’ll need to set it as the “default” phone app after installing it from the Play Store.
First, swipe down once or twice from the top of the screen—depending on your phone—to open the notification shade and tap the gear icon.
Next, go to “Apps.”
Select “Default Apps” or “Choose Default Apps” on a Samsung phone.
There are a few different categories of default apps here, the one we want is “Phone App.”
Any app you have installed that can be the default phone app will appear here. Select the one you want to use.
It’s really as simple as that! Now, whenever you get a phone call, it will come in through the app you selected. You’ll also use this app to make phone calls from now on. Changing the default apps is an essential part of Android, make sure you’re using it.
RELATED: How to Change Browsers on Android
- › 5 Reasons You Should Switch to Google Phone on Android
- › The 10 Best Netflix Original Movies in 2022
- › NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card Review: Lossless High-Quality Footage
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › T-Mobile Is Selling Your App Activity: Here’s How to Opt Out