Let’s face it … CRT monitors are still out there in the office environment. Where I work we are slowly phasing them out as our budget allows. The other day I was troubleshooting an issue with an older computer with a CRT monitor and when I looked at it I almost got sick from the flickering screen. Fixing that issue is easy, here is how.
Right Click any open are on the desktop and go to Properties. This will bring up the Display Properties window. Now click the Settings tab and then the Advanced button.
In the Advanced options click the Monitor tab and choose the highest setting the monitor is capable of displaying for Screen refresh rate. Then click Apply and OK.
You will notice a great difference in the display as it will be smoother and not flicker crazily.
- › What is a Monitor’s Refresh Rate and How Do I Change It?
- › Monday’s Lazy Links Roundup From the How-To Geek Blogs – Part 2
- › The 10 Best Netflix Original Movies in 2022
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card Review: Lossless High-Quality Footage
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › T-Mobile Is Selling Your App Activity: Here’s How to Opt Out