For those of you still running XP you might be looking for ways to improve the XP experience. One of the better ways to add unique features to the OS is installing Power Toys. These are add on programs that Microsoft developers have designed after the XP release. These have been around for several years, and are proven to work. Although Microsoft does not “officially support” them. I thought I would highlight a few of my favorites.
TweakUI – You can have all sorts of control over XP with this simple utility. Control your Desktop, how users logon, what drives show up and how they handle media … this is just a taste of what is possible with TweakUI. Later this month I will show you some tricks with this utility that will really change the XP experience.
Clear Type Tuner – This works good for getting text on your monitor to look more clear and sharp. I find this especially handy with older monitors.
Power Calculator – enhanced functions of a scientific calculator with the ability to graph points, do algebraic expressions among many other mathematical features.
This is just a sample of the many power toys available for XP. You can view all of them here.
- › 5 Psychological Tricks in Free-To-Play Games (and How to Avoid Them)
- › How to Find Your Spotify Wrapped 2021
- › Functions vs. Formulas in Microsoft Excel: What’s the Difference?
- › Buying a Used Mac or MacBook? Check These Things Before You Buy
- › What Is MIL-SPEC Drop Protection?
- › Windows 11 vs. Chrome OS: Which Is Best For Android Apps?