The full transcript of a YouTube video can be useful for a variety of reasons. You can avoid manually transcribing quotes by copying the direct text. It’s also handy to be able to search for specific words or parts of the video by text.
On a desktop or laptop, head on over to YouTube.com in a web browser such as Google Chrome and open a video to watch.
Next, click the three-dot menu icon underneath the title of the video.
Select “Show Transcript” from the menu.
The transcript box will open and you’ll see the captions listed along with timestamps. You can click a caption to jump to that part of the video.
Lastly, at the bottom of the transcript box, you can switch between the available languages.
Next, tap the down arrow on the right side of the video title.
The video description will appear along with a “Show Transcript” button, tap it.
The captions will appear in a box listed along with timestamps. You can tap a caption to jump to that part of the video.
Tap the three-dot menu icon to switch between the available languages.
- › 10 YouTube Features You Should Be Using
- › Samsung’s Galaxy S23 Has a Sleeker Design, Big Upgrades
- › What Is the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy?
- › Here’s How to Use Gmail’s New Package Tracking
- › Samsung’s Galaxy Book 3 Laptops Have 120Hz AMOLED Displays
- › Here’s How Netflix Will Stop You From Sharing Passwords
- › The Galaxy S23 Ultra Has a Wild 200 MP Camera