TikTok is like many other social networks in that everyone essentially has two names—a username and a name. You’re not stuck with the name you entered during the initial sign-up. We’ll show you how to change it.
What’s the difference between a username and a name? The username is the one with the “@” symbol in front, like “@howtogeek.” The name doesn’t have to follow that formatting: It can also be something like “How-To Geek.”
RELATED: How to Change Your TikTok Username
TikTok can be accessed from the desktop in a browser, but you’ll need to change your name from the mobile apps on Android, iPhone, or iPad. Once you open the app, navigate to the “Profile” tab at the bottom.
Next, tap the “Edit Profile” button underneath your profile icon.
Select your “Name” at the top of the “About You” section.
Enter a new name here. It can be up to 30 characters long. Tap “Save” when you’re done.
You’re all set! Much easier than trying to change your age on TikTok.
That name will now appear at the top of your profile. People will also be able to search for that name—as well as your username—in the TikTok app. If you’re worried about privacy on TikTok, there are a number of things you can do to secure your account.
RELATED: How to Secure Your TikTok Account
- › How to Change Your Age on TikTok
- › What It’s Like Using a Gaming Laptop as Your ONLY Gaming PC
- › 10 Google Translate Features You Should Be Using
- › Can ChatGPT Write Essays: Is Using AI to Write Essays a Good Idea?
- › 5 Google Maps Scams (And How to Avoid Them)
- › How Long Do SD Cards Last?
- › The Best DDR4 RAM of 2023