Keep your device connected to your internet connection during this process, as you’ll need the internet to download the update files.
Update the Software on Amazon Fire TV Stick
To begin the update process, access your Fire TV Stick’s home screen and choose “Settings” (a gear icon).
On the “Settings” screen, select “My Fire TV” to view your device options.
On the “My Fire TV” screen, select “About.”
On the “About” page, choose “Check for Updates.” This will trigger your device to check for available software updates.
If your software version is already up to date, your device will say so. However, if an update is available, download and install it by selecting “Install Update.”
Once your update is installed, you’ll be running the most recent version of the software on your Amazon Fire TV device. Enjoy the latest features!
Use a Roku alongside Fire TV Stick? If so, it’s easy to update the Roku software as well.
- › How to Reset an Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote
- › How to Restart an Amazon Fire TV Stick
- › How to Change the Time on Your Amazon Fire TV Stick
- › What Can You Do With the USB Port on Your Router?
- › 10 Things Blocking Your Wi-Fi Signal at Home
- › This Is How Steve Jobs Killed Adobe Flash
- › How to Make Your Facebook Account More Private
- › 4 Ways to Ruin Your Smartphone’s Battery