It looks like YouTube wants to hop onto the NFT hype train. Of course, this should come as a surprise to no one, as just about every brand (even the USPS) is making NFTs in one form or another.
“We’re always focused on expanding the YouTube ecosystem to help creators capitalize on emerging technologies, including things like NFTs, while continuing to strengthen and enhance the experiences creators and fans have on YouTube,” said Wojcicki in the letter.
Of course, that’s not the company outright saying it will release NFTs in the near future. Instead, it’s just a hint that it has its eyes on them. It’ll be interesting to see how Google plans to make NFTs part of YouTube. Will individual content creators be able to make their own NFTs to sell as an additional revenue stream?
We’ve already seen the creators of some classic viral videos sell them as NFTs, so it might make sense for YouTube to get in on that directly, as it could make it easier to create NFTs and allow Google to get a cut.
- › You Can Attend Coachella for Life With This NFT
- › ASUS’ 16-Inch Convertible Chromebook Is $170 Off This Week
- › How to Change a Windows User Account Password From Command Prompt
- › Google’s Pixel Tablet Will Turn Into a Smart Display
- › Be Careful Before Running Your Computer From a Gas Generator
- › What Is “Watch Only” Mode on a Galaxy Watch? (and How to Use It)
- › How to Mirror or Flip Text in Microsoft Word