On a support page, Samsung appears to have accidentally given us the first official look at its upcoming Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra flagship tablet. And as a surprise to everyone, the tablet sports a notch, despite Samsung having mocked the design choice in the past.
The support page was actually for Samsung’s voice assistant Bixby, and it showed a phone next to an unreleased tablet, which just so happens to match the early leaks for the Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra, notch and all. Samsung has since edited the support page to include a different image, but 91Mobiles had already spotted and reported the photo.
The notch is notable because Samsung mocked Apple for the design previously, so it’s interesting to see the company choose to embrace the design with its latest tablet.
If anything, Samsung editing the page to remove the image will just add fuel to the fire, as the company probably wouldn’t change the image if it were just some prototype tablet. Instead, removing it means it probably realized it made a mistake and it’s hoping to make it go away.
As far as the rumored specs of the new tablet, it’s expected to have the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, a large 11,200mAh battery, up to 16GB of RAM, and up to 512GB of storage. It sounds like a solid tablet that we’re excited to hear more about when Samsung makes it official.
- › How to Add a Shortcut to Pretty Much Anything on Android
- › What You Should (and Shouldn’t) Unplug or Turn Off When You Go On Vacation
- › 5 Reasons to Upgrade to the 11th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
- › 10 Kodi Features You Should Be Using
- › 5 Ways to See If Your Phone Is Being Tapped
- › Physical vs. Digital Games: Should You Buy Physical Games?