AMD just announced a new graphics card called the 6500 XT. This would be cause for excitement, except the new card only has 4GB of VRAM, which the company itself said wasn’t enough back in 2020.
AMD announced the new graphics card and hyped up the performance, even though the card only has 4GB of VRAM. Previously, AMD had a blog post claiming that 4GB of RAM isn’t enough for modern games. However, just before releasing the new 6500 XT, AMD pulled the blog post from its website, as reported by KitGuru.
The internet remembers, though, and Google’s cached version (Via The Verge) from January 16 has the quote: “AMD is leading the industry at providing gamers with high VRAM graphics solutions across the entire product offering. Competitive products at a similar entry-level price-point are offering up to a maximum of 4GB of VRAM, which is evidently not enough for today’s games.”
It’s definitely not a good look for AMD, but the new 6500 XT isn’t a terrible card, all things considered. The card is only $199, which is quite budget-friendly, and it brings pretty solid specs, other than the paltry 4GB of VRAM. Of course, you probably won’t be able to actually find one in stock anywhere, but the card does go on sale today.
- › AMD Will Announce New RDNA 3 GPUs on November 3
- › What It’s Like Using a Gaming Laptop as Your ONLY Gaming PC
- › 5 Google Maps Scams (And How to Avoid Them)
- › 10 Google Translate Features You Should Be Using
- › How Long Do SD Cards Last?
- › The Best DDR4 RAM of 2023
- › Can ChatGPT Write Essays: Is Using AI to Write Essays a Good Idea?