The latest version of Microsoft PowerToys adds a feature that Windows fans around the world have eagerly anticipated—a keyboard shortcut designed to keep a window on top of other ones at all times.
In the release notes on GitHub for version 0.53.1, Microsoft said, “Welcome to the family! With a quick Win+Ctrl+T, the window in focus is toggled to be on top. Toggle again, and it reverts back to normal.”
This new method is much easier than fussing with third-party tools or using other workarounds. Now, you need to download the latest version of Microsoft PowerTools, and you’ll be able to choose any keyboard shortcut to keep a window on top.
One example of how this could be useful is watching a YouTube video, keeping it from going to the background when you click on something else. By entering your keyboard shortcut, the window will pin itself and stay in front of everything else.
The latest PowerToys update adds a new keyboard shortcut for setting any window always on top!
You have no idea how long I've wanted this 🥺 pic.twitter.com/hr2ZqYXxmg
— Jen Gentleman 🌺 (@JenMsft) January 6, 2022
Of course, this functionality comes along with everything else PowerToys can accomplish, so it’s definitely worth downloading the software and trying it out, even if you only take advantage of one or two of the things it can do to make using your Windows PC more enjoyable.
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card Review: Lossless High-Quality Footage
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › T-Mobile Is Selling Your App Activity: Here’s How to Opt Out