Dell-owned Alienware had a busy CES, announcing some rather interesting concept products. One that stood out is the Concept Nyx, which is meant to act as your own cloud gaming server that turns your home into the ultimate gaming hub.
RELATED: How-To Geek's Best of CES 2022 Award Winners: What We're Excited About
Basically, Alienware showed off an extremely powerful gaming server that sits in your home, an intelligent controller, and some custom software that allows you to play games in a way that’s currently impossible. When it comes together, it lets you seamlessly play a game in one place, pause it, and move to another spot in your home. It also lets multiple people play games at the same time, all without killing your internet too much.
The server is connected to your router and is essentially broadcasting games installed locally or those running through cloud gaming services. While it can technically replace services like GeForce Now or Xbox Cloud Gaming, it also works with them, which is excellent for people who already subscribe to these services and own games on them.
As this is a concept, we might never actually have one in our home, but the idea is intriguing. For a family with multiple gamers, having the ability to play multiple games in the house simultaneously sounds fantastic. This should offer less input lag than cloud services since you’re running the games locally.
We’ll have to wait and see we ever get to own one of these, but it definitely has us excited for what the future of gaming could hold.
RELATED: You Can Now Play PC Games on an Xbox Console, Here's How
- › How-To Geek’s Best of CES 2022 Award Winners: What We’re Excited About
- › Steam Is Saying Goodbye to Windows 7 and 8
- › You Can Now Try Microsoft Edge’s Real-Time Tab Sharing
- › Amazon’s “Sidewalk” Mesh Network Is Coming to More Devices
- › Apple Pay Later Is Here, but You Should Probably Stay Away
- › How to Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone
- › Lenovo Just Revealed New Yoga and Slim Windows Laptops