There are many cool smart home gadgets at CES every year, and this one is no exception. Moen’s Smart Faucet with Motion Control is one such gadget. It’s a smart faucet for your home that does everything you need it to without ever touching it.
“Our research shows that our customers are increasingly choosing to operate their Smart Faucets by using the hands-free sensor, in addition to the voice-activation feature,” says Mark-Hans Richer, senior vice president, chief marketing and innovation officer, Fortune Brands Global Plumbing Group. “Knowing this, we set out to enhance the functionality of our current Smart Faucet, leveraging our best-in-class smart water technology to develop a new, one-of-a-kind experience.”
Instead of pulling a handle to turn the faucet on or off, you can simply perform hand gestures to get it going, change the temperature, and so on. There’s also the Moen Smart Water App, which lets you control the faucet from your phone. It also works with voice assistants, so you can tell Google or Alexa how you want your water.
While Moen is definitely pushing things in the smart direction by releasing a faucet with no handle, the company also has a model with one that’ll still perform all of the same functionality but with a more traditional control method available. As a result, it doesn’t make the same bold statement in your home, but it’s still innovative.
- › How-To Geek’s Best of CES 2022 Award Winners: What We’re Excited About
- › How to Zoom In or Out on a Mac
- › What Is Moore’s Law and Why Are People Saying It’s Dead?
- › How to Block Subreddits on Reddit
- › How Does Your Snap Score Work (and How to Increase It)
- › “What If We Put It In Space?” Is the New Go-To Solution to Earth Problems
- › The Google Nest Mini Is Back Down to Just $18 Today