There are many cool smart home gadgets at CES every year, and this one is no exception. Moen’s Smart Faucet with Motion Control is one such gadget. It’s a smart faucet for your home that does everything you need it to without ever touching it.
RELATED: How-To Geek's Best of CES 2022 Award Winners: What We're Excited About
“Our research shows that our customers are increasingly choosing to operate their Smart Faucets by using the hands-free sensor, in addition to the voice-activation feature,” says Mark-Hans Richer, senior vice president, chief marketing and innovation officer, Fortune Brands Global Plumbing Group. “Knowing this, we set out to enhance the functionality of our current Smart Faucet, leveraging our best-in-class smart water technology to develop a new, one-of-a-kind experience.”
Instead of pulling a handle to turn the faucet on or off, you can simply perform hand gestures to get it going, change the temperature, and so on. There’s also the Moen Smart Water App, which lets you control the faucet from your phone. It also works with voice assistants, so you can tell Google or Alexa how you want your water.
While Moen is definitely pushing things in the smart direction by releasing a faucet with no handle, the company also has a model with one that’ll still perform all of the same functionality but with a more traditional control method available. As a result, it doesn’t make the same bold statement in your home, but it’s still innovative.
RELATED: How to Stop All the Voice Assistants from Storing Your Voice
- › How-To Geek’s Best of CES 2022 Award Winners: What We’re Excited About
- › What Is a Discord Token, and How Do You Get One?
- › Tablet vs. eReader: Which Is Better for Ebooks?
- › The Framework Laptop 16 Has an Upgradeable GPU
- › Grab a 256GB Surface Laptop Go 2 for Just $550 Today
- › Did Your Code Project Just Break? It Might Be GitHub’s Fault
- › Windows 11 Is Updating the Widgets Board (Again)