There’s a new smart scale in the world from Withings, and it’s truly something to behold. Capturing your weight is just the tip of the iceberg regarding what the Withings Body Scan can do. If you’re at all health-conscious, this scale might be precisely what you’ve been waiting for.
“Withings created the connected health category back in 2009 and today is proud to be the number one selling smart scale manufacturer in the United States, helping millions of users manage their weight,” said Mathieu Letombe, Withings CEO. “With Body Scan, we will turn the morning weigh-in into a sophisticated home health check with access to holistic health data and personal health programs created by medical professionals.”
As far as what is allowing the Withings Body Scan to capture so much data, it has four weight sensors and 14 ITO electrodes within the platform. It also has four stainless steel electrodes in the handle for six-lead ECG and segmental body composition analysis. It features a single high-strength tempered glass platform with a retractable handle inside.
Essentially, calling this a smart scale is almost doing the device a disservice, as it’s able to capture so much more health data. You can use it to get your weight, assess Nerve Activity, get a six-lead ECG, and even capture a segmental body composition analysis. It’s really quite impressive.
As far as availability, the Withings Body Scan is expected to release in the second half of 2022. The company needs CE/FDA clearance before releasing the device, so the approximate launch date could change.
- › How-To Geek’s Best of CES 2022 Award Winners: What We’re Excited About
- › The Excellent Kasa Smart Plug Is Just $7 Right Now
- › How to Block Collaborators From Editing Parts of a Word Document
- › Grab a Roku Ultra for $32 off Today
- › Today Only: Save on SanDisk Portable SSDs, LG Curved Monitors, More
- › The Paint.NET Graphics Editor Is Getting a Major Update
- › How to Use a Data Table in a Microsoft Excel Chart